Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't think they like us

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you changed the names, this thread could belong to the board of some fancy dan premiership club talking about, oh I don't know, Doncaster Rovers.

Over 5,000 for their first home game - I think they've got 4,000 STHs this season, which isn't much different to some of our Withdean seasons, yet Hartlepool are a tiny club.

Hardly surprising really. Would we be any different if the boot was on the other foot?

There really are some very precious people on this site, who can't seem to accept that not all fans of other clubs look up to our fans as some sort of beacon of hope and top notch support.

Not surprising in the slightest, add to it the fact the game should probably not gone ahead because of the fog. The authorities had to play it for fear of major disruption, which probably would not have happened but they just didn't seem to get what Fans United was about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair its one thread contain 17 posts on 7 & 8 Aug, half of which are about Des Lynam and then about a supporter who bought a gay bar in Phuket :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There really are some very precious people on this site, who can't seem to accept that not all fans of other clubs look up to our fans as some sort of beacon of hope and top notch support.

Not many!! Just look about the thread about Neil Warnock! He makes a comment saying he'd rather be playing in the premier league than the second division (well duh!) but just happens to mention Brighton and people have taken it as a personal attack against us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not many!! Just look about the thread about Neil Warnock! He makes a comment saying he'd rather be playing in the premier league than the second division (well duh!) but just happens to mention Brighton and people have taken it as a personal attack against us.
Which thread about Neil Warnock? There have been THREE now (although two got merged).

I had my say on this one:
Warnock

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That messageboard is a bit harsh but again, lets not fall into the trap that an internet messageboard is totally reflective of their entire support. Been there before and met some brilliant people who had plenty of time for our recent history.
Same as saints last year, everyone getting hard on's about a messageboard when in reality there is nothing there.

Even if say they did hate us, no reason to just hate them back like most are posting on here. Bit child like some reactions

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They didn't actually attack Brighton & Hove Albion FC did they? Way I took it, they were complaining about the BBC?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
They didn't actually attack Brighton & Hove Albion FC did they? Way I took it, they were complaining about the BBC?
Indeed , it was only the title of the thread that made it seem that way.

complete and utter non-story , I actually LIKE Hartlepool (apart from bar the Bas Savage last minute game I've never seen us get much up there ) decent locals and when the stuff happened with Michael Maidens the Chief Executive came down the away end and shook hands , had talks with fans etc... that plus they're Jeff Stellings lot and he's a legend.

all in all nothing against Hartlepool.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed , it was only the title of the thread that made it seem that way.

complete and utter non-story , I actually LIKE Hartlepool (apart from bar the Bas Savage last minute game I've never seen us get much up there ) decent locals and when the stuff happened with Michael Maidens the Chief Executive came down the away end and shook hands , had talks with fans etc... that plus they're Jeff Stellings lot and he's a legend.

all in all nothing against Hartlepool.

Except of course BREAKING Lua Lua's leg.

Oct 25, 2003
always quite enjoyed going to hartlepool, mainly because i was living in newcastle and it was one of my nearby away games

something quite quaint about stuttering into a 1 platform station in a train that wouldn't look out of place in 1970's bulgaria

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am just wondering if their attacks on Des is related to their allegiance to Jeff Stelling (who I think is a top presenter)?

I have shared a few pints with some Hartlepool fans before a game and found them to be top company.

I agree with some of the sentiments on this thread that it is only a few posts. It is not a reflection of all Hartlepool fans. Just like some of the vociferous views of some of our own NSCers do not reflect the views of all Albion fans (or NSC come to that)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I like this guy's attic:

file.php

For me Hartlepool are a good old fashioned "where the f*** is that" football club. I like them.

I'd take 10,000 Hartlepool fans over just one Manchester United replica shirt wearing twunt out shopping with the missus whilst there's a game on.

I don't expect we'll be crossing paths much in the future, but we could offer some away day tips to Palace fans who'll no doubt need to get acquainted with the town and the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here