Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

don't forget Bridcutt

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whilst Dunk is quite rightly getting the plaudits don't ignore the amount of work Bridcutt gets through protecting the central defenders and finding space to receive the ball from all of the back four. Also breaks up attacks, outjumps the opposition and is integral to the way we play.

Dunk and Bridcutt neck and neck for Player of the Season so far.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best two players at the club, potentially. Bridcutt terrific AGAIN today.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
You are right sir. While Noone probably did shade it today, Bridcutt was definitely my MOM on Tuesday. Today one tackle really stood out. If he had missed it, the Peterborough player was through, if he had mistimed it, it could have been a red, but he timed it superbly and broke up a very promising situation for them. I can't think why Watford? and Palace didn't rate him. I suspect he will be the first player Premiership sides come after.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The problem with several players we have are that you expect the good performance every time so when they are slightly below par it becomes more obvious - put Greer and Bridcutt in that bracket

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
It's one of those things that defensive players don't get the same plaudits as attacking ones but Bridcutt is solid every game his composure, passing and the fact that he doesn't give up is a real + for the team. To think he was signed as cover for Navarro but unfortunately for Navarro he is a different class...

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
My MOTM today, absolutely first class, every challenge he went for he won and his passing range is incredible. Brilliant player, one of the best signings ever considering the fee we signed him for.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i remember watching him about a year ago in the Johnson's defeat by Orient and saying he wasn't good enough........oooops!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You are right sir. While Noone probably did shade it today, Bridcutt was definitely my MOM on Tuesday. Today one tackle really stood out. If he had missed it, the Peterborough player was through, if he had mistimed it, it could have been a red, but he timed it superbly and broke up a very promising situation for them. I can't think why Watford? and Palace didn't rate him. I suspect he will be the first player Premiership sides come after.

Didn't rate Nooney today.

Don't get me wrong, he was on top form for the first half hour, and then he was moved to the centre playing behond the front two, and I felt we lost our threat.
I realise it was to stop them playing, but it stopped us playing as well !

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thought Nooney was great but agree I thought Bridcutt was MOM in my opinion. He just seems to always be in the hub of the action controlling the game. An unsung hero IMO.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I think I am becoming his biggest fan. Last season he seemed to be just getting going although he improved as the games went on. This season he really has been immense, not sure whether he is just more comfortable at Championship level or there are better players around him but he is fantastic to watch in a very understated way. I am always amazed how strong and physical he is for such a small guy. Not sure how he is ever going to get a game off playing at that level.

Think he was my MOTM today although it always seems close between him and Noone (also a massive improvement this year)

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
Bridcutt is absolutely quality and invaluable to us!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Strange, I thought that was the most ineffectual I have seen him and would rate only a 5 or 6 for yesterday. I thought he stood off tackles, looked tired and didn't run very much and that was the reason Peterborough had so much of the ball. Still, game of opinions

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He can leap like a salmon and outjump 6 footers to head the ball, his sense of positioning is terrific and he's everywhere. He gets a tackle in wins the ball, and then immediately is in front of another opposition player to prevent him tackling our possession player. He never gives up. I hope we can hold on to him in the January window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he played a more advanced role yesterday as he seemed to be getting forward a lot more than usual. He is Mr Consistency this season, the player we expect to have a good game so don't notice him so much but an immense player for us. As others have said I am sure that top clubs will be watching his progress and I am sure that he could have done the same job for Chelsea had they kept him and brought him on as Gus has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here