• Not fussed / indifferent

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Bag o' shite

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How on earth can anyone think this is a bag o'shite. We already knew it wasn't going to be a big game/local derby (as the police had requested that), so that immediately ruled about eight teams out. Even without the historical resonance, how can this be so much worse than Coventry or Bristol City or Ipswich?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It'll only serve to make the day that bit more emotional - very fitting.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I'm absolutely thrilled, what dreams are made of.

Completely agree. We will have gone full circle in that 14 years, from a club possibly on the way out, to a club with a great and very exciting future.

It will be an emotional day alround, especially for friends and family of Albion fans who won't get to see the promised land.

Completely agree. We will have gone full circle in that 14 years, from a club possibly on the way out, to a club with a great and very exciting future.

It will be an emotional day alround, especially for friends and family of Albion fans who won't get to see the promised land.
A tiny bit of me was asking earlier this morning ... "Is this all that we've achieved? 14 years ago, we were desperate and playing Doncaster Rovers. Today, we have a fixture coming up against ... Doncaster Rovers".

But then I thunk again. Look at what we HAVE achieved in 14 years. And look at what's happened to Donny. August 6th will be a day for all of us - home and away fans - to celebrate.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Could it have been organised thus at the club's request? I suspect not, and given its history of spitting out fixtures redolent with meaning, it's a sign that the fixture computer seems to have a sense of history and occasion.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Very pleased it's Doncaster. Not just the last game at the Goldstone but for me the last Albion game I went to with my dear old Dad.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I think that as it's Donny on Saturday and Gillingham on Tuesday, is just SO SO perfect.
It almost draws a line under our 'fractious' past.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i'm over the moon with it, i am still smiling now as i was this morning,

It IS a perfect fixture for opening, and it is a romantic's dream.
But I voted for the second option because I would have been happy with any fixtue except palace.

That load of muck don't deserve a position in a such quality moment of Albion History.
We haven't opened league fixtures at our own stadium in 109 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here