Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donnie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has to be TRAIN.

In the car you are going to be so stressed the whole way, its just not worth it. Plus you might kill yourself trying. Get the train, read a book, have a couple of beers. Job done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The A1 is a terrible road all stop start at roundabouts. I have just spoken to sister in law who does the journey regularly and she says they have tried them all and M1 - M18 is by far the quickest and it has only ever taken more than 4 hours once and that was leaving Worthing at 4.30pm on a Friday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Donny with a 'Y' btw, these Northerners won't be pleased :lol:

And I doubt you'd make it by car btw, with all the heavy traffic and it's nearly Christmas so would be busy around the Sheffield area when you're driving (that is if you're going anywhere near Sheffield)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has to be TRAIN.

In the car you are going to be so stressed the whole way, its just not worth it. Plus you might kill yourself trying. Get the train, read a book, have a couple of beers. Job done.

The train is out I am afraid as have to be in Worthing by 8am the next day. Can't see how I can get back unless I fancy sleeping in London I suppose which I don't.

So its the car and based on all of the above I guess I am struggling.

Maybe I should start a poll!!!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good call.

I live on the A1 not that far south from Doncaster.If i was driving up from Brighton i would go M25.....M11.....A1.On a clear run if you can get round the M25 by about 4.15pm you can easily be there by 7pm:albion2:

That would be my choice to avoid the junc 12-15 bottleneck on the M25.
To get from the M11 to the A1 take the A14 (it follows on from the M11 anyway)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could take 30mins + just to get through from jct4 of the M25 through the tunnel. As I said earlier the A14 is a fast road that has loads of speed cameras on it to slow you down.

Some years ago I know, but the last time we played Sheff Wed away on a Saturday I left Roundshaw near Croydon at noon and saw kick off at Hillsborough at 3.00pm but I didnt stop and was doing best part of a ton all the way up the M1. That was going clockwise round the M25 past Heathrow.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Michelin says 242 miles in 3:55. Believe it if you believe you can get the 93 miles to the M1 in 92 minutes, from your office door at 3pm, on a wet Tuesday night, and the same pace through the entire Midlands rush hour!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton to Grimsby is 250 miles and managed to do this in 4 hours going via the tunnel , and up M11 way.

DeeDahRover

Dec 3, 2007
I'm a Donny fan as you can probably guess. If you come by car avoid the M1. They've just not long since started the road widening works approaching Sheffield. The Sheffield to Nottingham stretch is a nightmare and I'd avoid it completely if I was you (which is why I get the train from Sheffield). It'll take you a good 45 minutes at best to do the 30 miles from Sheffield.

If you do travel by car, then park in the Dome area, it's free, there's a few pubs and things to do and is only 10 minutes walk around the lake to the ground. If you park in the car park at the ground, say hello to my sister who'll be working there. It's a fiver and a complete nightmare to get out after a game. We park at Belle Vue and that's the easiest. There's no booze in the ground at the moment due to the ground losing their license for the concourse, so if you want a drink go elsewhere. None of the pubs are as good as the one near your ground but the Cheswold's the best bet, next to the lake.

Hope you enjoy the night.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I'm a Donny fan as you can probably guess. If you come by car avoid the M1. They've just not long since started the road widening works approaching Sheffield. The Sheffield to Nottingham stretch is a nightmare and I'd avoid it completely if I was you (which is why I get the train from Sheffield). It'll take you a good 45 minutes at best to do the 30 miles from Sheffield.

If you do travel by car, then park in the Dome area, it's free, there's a few pubs and things to do and is only 10 minutes walk around the lake to the ground. If you park in the car park at the ground, say hello to my sister who'll be working there. It's a fiver and a complete nightmare to get out after a game. We park at Belle Vue and that's the easiest. There's no booze in the ground at the moment due to the ground losing their license for the concourse, so if you want a drink go elsewhere. None of the pubs are as good as the one near your ground but the Cheswold's the best bet, next to the lake.

Hope you enjoy the night.

Cheers - a few of us coming up by train (plus more by car but leaving this morning so no problem with traffic) and staying up for the night.

We will have a few beers near the staion first then head towards the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here