Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Done for speeding!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bugger, bugger and thrice bugger, I've just be clobbered.

Open roads, flying home for a long lunch to catch my little girl in her nativity play, and out of nowhere this unmarked Volvo suddenly starts flashing it's headlights and blue lights appear from nowhere, and I'm banged to rights.

ARSE! What a complete waste of £60 that was. :(

Bugger, bugger and thrice bugger, I've just be clobbered.

Open roads, flying home for a long lunch to catch my little girl in her nativity play, and out of nowhere this unmarked Volvo suddenly starts flashing it's headlights and blue lights appear from nowhere, and I'm banged to rights.

ARSE! What a complete waste of £60 that was. :(

Didn't you make contributions about speeding on a thread about 2 months ago?

You are bound to get some poster telling you that it is your own fault, in a santimonious style.

It is annoying getting done, at least you got done for doing a decent speed on the main road.

Why not indeed?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Did you make her play?

That's the RIDICULOUS part of it. When they pulled me over I thought "FFS, that means I've been speeding, yet will get there slower." but as it turned out, I got there at 10 past 2, and they were only just about to walk out to the stage.

So, I could have driven carefully and made the start anyway.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Didn't you make contributions about speeding on a thread about 2 months ago?

I'm generally not too sanctimonious about these things, so if I did, there probably isn't a post that will bit me on the arse any minute.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
they should be out catching real criminals. Guess it boosts their ego's and gets them their "charge" stats for the day

I'm generally not too sanctimonious about these things, so if I did, there probably isn't a post that will bit me on the arse any minute.

Not trying to be sanctimonous here,

but in your good natured way, I think you predicted your future?

Actually you were more talking about driving tired.

they should be out catching real criminals. Guess it boosts their ego's and gets them their "charge" stats for the day

Ignoring Gritty here.

But the chances of killing someone increases the proportion you go above the speed limit in an area and if you do hit someone the chances of them dying, increases even more substantialy over 20 MPH.

So with respect to Gritty for coming on here telling all, knowing, that he will get a few slaggings.

I am glad that the Police clamp down, its a shame more drivers just can't stick to the speed limit instead of believing they are a F1 driver, which quite frankly none of us are. Then they could focus on other crimes, instead of preventing death on our roads.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not trying to be sanctimonous here,

but in your good natured way, I think you predicted your future?

Actually you were more talking about driving tired.

Oh yeah. that does ring a bell.

I do drive fast, so it has always been a bit of a shock that I didn't have any points, and have been flashed (in the non-raincoat way) a few times, and been fortunate that for some reason a ticket hasn't followed.

This has been coming for a while. I was just pleased that I wasn't going faster (I had actually slowed a bit shortly before), and that the good officer hadn't spotted the lunch I was scoffing as I flew along.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah. that does ring a bell.

I do drive fast, so it has always been a bit of a shock that I didn't have any points, and have been flashed (in the non-raincoat way) a few times, and been fortunate that for some reason a ticket hasn't followed.

This has been coming for a while. I was just pleased that I wasn't going faster (I had actually slowed a bit shortly before), and that the good officer hadn't spotted the lunch I was scoffing as I flew along.

But other than that, they were 'bang out of order, my son'. :lol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So with respect to Gritty for coming on here telling all, knowing, that he will get a few slaggings.

Hey, I'll take that, and it will be fair enough. I'm annoyed at myself, not bleating about how they should have let me off with a wag of their finger.

Yes, the road was virtually empty. Yes, it's a motorway, so no-one is about to appear out from behind a parked car. But crucially, YES, I knew the speed limit (not a defence even if I didn't), and YES I was breaking it over the (very fair) average speed they calculate over the course of a mile.

I hold my hands up, and maybe if there weren't people like me doing that, the police would have the spare time to be out there catching other criminals.

Guilty as charged ..... learn your lessons from me kids!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Interesting. would I be right that this was a dark blue unmarked traffic car, on a stretch of the A23/A27? Was the car stationary? How many officers were in the car?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interesting. would I be right that this was a dark blue unmarked traffic car, on a stretch of the A23/A27? Was the car stationary? How many officers were in the car?

No, a pale blue Volvo, on the M20, near the M25 junction. 2 officers in the car.

Stationary? Christ no, quite the opposite, it was keeping up with me!!!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No, a pale blue Volvo, on the M20, near the M25 junction. 2 officers in the car.

Stationary? Christ no, quite the opposite, it was keeping up with me!!!

What did they say to you when you stopped?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here