Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DONCASTER ROVERS vs. BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION - Official Thread

Go along with much of that.

It looked like a game between two lower midtable teams struggling to get out of the low gears.

The pitch was very poor and heavy and players were slipping all over the place, but I guess if you've just built a new stadium you're not going to bother spending a lot of money keeping the old pitch in a perfect state.

Generally I thought we played the more pleasing football on the eye. But Donny played the conditions better. Revell and Robinson didn't have bad games at all, in fact, they were quite bright in patches, but the Donny forward duo of Forte and Big Mac just always seemed more likely to score from the more direct football Donny played.

Where we were disappointing was in midfield. El Abd and Fraser both had games to forget, Hammond was OK but Dean Cox was quite subdued by his very high standards for the second week in a row. Our young Charlton winger had 20 or so minutes to do something but again he couldn't really get in the game.

Our defence was generally OK, the goal was a very fine cross and was well finished by our favourite scapegoat of recent times.

Best just to draw a veil over this one. The only ongoing concern for me, as with last week, is the make-up of our midfield, Wilkins has much to chew on here.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
It was the first game I had been to since Yeovil back in September. The performance was very reminiscent of that night. Good in patches, with some fairly slick moves that petered out into nothing when we got near the goal. I don't know how Brighton have been scoring so readily in recent weeks because every match I've been to this season they've never looked like scoring. It seems to be the old habit of trying to walk the ball into the net.

The pitch seemed very slippery for our players, but not for Donny's? Maybe our lot didn't have the right studs in or something.

The ground was from a bygone era - they really don't build them like that any more. The worst I've been to since going to Layer Road a few seasons back. When you do come across one that bad it's a joy! Fans regularly going to games in the 80s and early 90s will be used to conditions like that, but it was a real comedown from the grounds we've been used to in recent years on our travels.

It was ground no 67 of the current crop of league grounds for me (20 more grounds not currently in use or from Conference clubs ex league). I am having trouble keeping up with all these ground changes!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
London Irish said:
Go along with much of that.

It looked like a game between two lower midtable teams struggling to get out of the low gears.

The pitch was very poor and heavy and players were slipping all over the place, but I guess if you've just built a new stadium you're not going to bother spending a lot of money keeping the old pitch in a perfect state.

Generally I thought we played the more pleasing football on the eye. But Donny played the conditions better. Revell and Robinson didn't have bad games at all, in fact, they were quite bright in patches, but the Donny forward duo of Forte and Big Mac just always seemed more likely to score from the more direct football Donny played.

Where we were disappointing was in midfield. El Abd and Fraser both had games to forget, Hammond was OK but Dean Cox was quite subdued by his very high standards for the second week in a row. Our young Charlton winger had 20 or so minutes to do something but again he couldn't really get in the game.

Our defence was generally OK, the goal was a very fine cross and was well finished by our favourite scapegoat of recent times.

Best just to draw a veil over this one. The only ongoing concern for me, as with last week, is the make-up of our midfield, Wilkins has much to chew on here.

Agree with everything except I thought Tommy Fraser was excellent yesterday, got stuck in and was involved in our few chances going forward.

Redhead said:
Agree with everything except I thought Tommy Fraser was excellent yesterday, got stuck in and was involved in our few chances going forward.

Yeah, fair dos - after having 24 hours to think about it, I probably was a bit harsh on some of our players.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Alex Frutos said:
:down:

Would have to bloody well be HIM that scored, wouldn't it?

:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry:

Hellfire!

Park footballer scores in League One.

Probably nobody bothered to mark the County League wannabe.
Shoot the defence .Sack the manager.Bring back McGhee.......!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here