Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Rovers first league game at h Amex and a friendly v Wrexham..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll dig out my half and half scarf :rolleyes:

I'll be disappointed if we get Doncaster and what would be special about playing Wrexham pre season?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
btw yes to both , at the moment Wrexham look like being on the verge of being wound up (again) could do with the money , and this way it's easier then travelling to Wales in the Summer

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The club sold out long ago, you'll get a friendly against an upper prem side like Chelsea where 50% of the home end will be full of Chelsea plastics with their Drogba shirts.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
excellent idea, Doncaster were last at the goldstone so we should play them first, wigan were next to last so we could play them 2nd provided they go down:facepalm::facepalm: maybe wherever possible we could re-enact 96-97 in reverse.
Why do people drone on about donny? it was pure chance we played them that day & it'll be pure chance who we play on 6th august( except it probably wont be a london club or pompey)

Feb 14, 2010
excellent idea, Doncaster were last at the goldstone so we should play them first, wigan were next to last so we could play them 2nd provided they go down:facepalm::facepalm: maybe wherever possible we could re-enact 96-97 in reverse.
Why do people drone on about donny? it was pure chance we played them that day & it'll be pure chance who we play on 6th august( except it probably wont be a london club or pompey)

because of Fans United 2 at Gillingham, their chairman burning their stand down and fireman yellow helmets in support. Nothing to do with last team at the soldstone

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
so if its all down to fans utd why not a friendly against either Hartlepool or plymouth or one of the countless other clubs whose fans have backed us or been shafted by their directors over the years? I just dont get the obsession with doncaster

Feb 14, 2010
so if its all down to fans utd why not a friendly against either Hartlepool or plymouth or one of the countless other clubs whose fans have backed us or been shafted by their directors over the years? I just dont get the obsession with doncaster

Both Donny and Wrexham fans have fought a good campaign and there were/are links between the fans. Never forget your history, its one of the things (with big crowds at the goldstone) that makes us different to the plastic Readings of this world

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The only thing we've genuinely got in common with Doncaster and Wrexham is that we were all gash at roughly the same point, and have had wankers in control of the club. Certain people would spray themselves if we played them pre season, but I'm sure most would think a friendly against Wrexham on the grounds of sentimentality is a f***ing rotten idea. The new stadium should be the start of a glorious new era, not yet another opportunity to bring up the past.

Feb 14, 2010
The only thing we've genuinely got in common with Doncaster and Wrexham is that we were all gash at roughly the same point, and have had wankers in control of the club. Certain people would spray themselves if we played them pre season, but I'm sure most would think a friendly against Wrexham on the grounds of sentimentality is a f***ing rotten idea. The new stadium should be the start of a glorious new era, not yet another opportunity to bring up the past.

Yep the future is the important thing, and yes we dont want to "do a Liverpool" and live in the past of 30 years ago but then the past can be a sense of pride. The York City game, Fans United v Hartleool and that entire showed brighton fans at their best. The team was rubbish but its still a time that Brighton can have pride in.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A friendly at Wrexham would probably put money straight in the pockets of their owners, to play the down here would cost them money , what with travel & possibly accomodation . So though they need helping thats probably not the way.As for Donny, like grendel has just said, pure chance that they were shit & had a cvnt of an owner around the same time as us.It could easily have been one of a dozen clubs at fans utd 2.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No relevance to us? Are you a Brighton fan ?
It was a dig at your 'Sven and Leicester' thread where you said that threads/posts about Southampton were 'irrelevant' when we're PLAYING the fuckers on Saturday. You've got an odd concept of 'relevance'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here