Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donatello's

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
save your monay and do not eat in that shit hole.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Leaving the ground yesterday and walking down under the railway bridge towards London Road I couldn't help noticing how much the Donatello's name stands out on the back of the shirts. If there are no names or numbers it justs shouts out. Pretty good deal for them I would have thought.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Donatello's is the Don of pizza places. A little bit too expensive for me, but I will be taking a lady friend there in the not too distant future. :yahoo: And shall be stealing my dads gold card.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Donatello's is the Don of pizza places. A little bit too expensive for me, but I will be taking a lady friend there in the not too distant future. :yahoo: And shall be stealing my dads gold card.

It really isn't, I hope you don't want to see her again!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some people are easily pleased, it's more of a pretend Italian restaurant really.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's gone downhill massively. Grown too big to be able to maintain good quality food and good service.

Went there with the wife and kids a couple of weeks ago, it was noisy, table was cramped, food was sh1t and expensive, service was utterly appalling. Will never go back, and now regret the fact that such a sh1thole of an operation has their name on our shirts.

Go to Al Duomo by the Pavilion, far better in every respect.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some people are easily pleased, it's more of a pretend Italian restaurant really.

This is true, though I find it hard to believe that anyone would be pleased with having to wait hours for their food to be brought out, cold... Then for the waiter to spend ten minutes trying to chat up the women sitting at the table next to you before throwing your shitty food down in front of you.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I prefer Fat Leo's, nicer staff, better pizza

And sister restaurant to Donatellos.

Most restaurants in Brighton & Hove are owned by the same families/groups so all this crap about one being better that the others is crap itself.

It depends mainly on the staff on the day.

For a cheap good meal Donatellos, Fat Leos or any round there are fine

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Eh? It is shoddy in the extreme. The food is far from authentic, the pizza bases are way too salty and, generally, service is grim.

They went the way of quantity and not quality. Topolino and Pinnochio were decent places. Donatello's is rank. Cheap and not particularly cheerful.

I much prefer Topolino Duo (Sold off by the Addis family years ago) and La Capannina.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Eh? It is shoddy in the extreme. The food is far from authentic, the pizza bases are way too salty and, generally, service is grim.

They went the way of quantity and not quality. Topolino and Pinnochio were decent places. Donatello's is rank. Cheap and not particularly cheerful.

I much prefer Topolino Duo (Sold off by the Addis family years ago) and La Capannina.
I don't think it's that cheap but apart from that I agree with you. This thread's been good for me, unashamed bad fan that I am. I mean, I'll quite happily admit to being a fairweather fan and a Big Game Charlie these days (who gave his West Ham FA Cup ticket to a die-hard Chelsea fan because I couldn't be arsed to go). I'll also happily admit to being a Palace fan as a boy, shopping regularly at the Goldstone Retail Park and going to The Swan at Falmer every summer Friday.

However there's one thing I've always been too scared to admit on here .... and that is that I think that Donatello's is shit. I'd always thought that because every event seems to happen there and because they've been sponsors for years that criticising them was like admitting that you drown kittens for fun. I'm EXTREMELY pleased to find I'm not the only one who thinks it's an overpriced shithole!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Alright, I'm concerned now. I'm suprised it gets such a bad review on here, I've only been there the once I'll admit, but I thought it was quite nice in there actually. That was nearly 2 years ago. It's in a really good location though, she wants to see the lanes this time she's in Brighton, and Donnatellos seemed a good idea to me.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Alright, I'm concerned now. I'm suprised it gets such a bad review on here, I've only been there the once I'll admit, but I thought it was quite nice in there actually. That was nearly 2 years ago. It's in a really good location though, she wants to see the lanes this time she's in Brighton, and Donnatellos seemed a good idea to me.

If she wants to see the lanes take her 30 seconds from there to Chilli Pickle its that good you may even get your end away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here