Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doing 40 Years in Prison

Same here. Just think going in a young man with your whole life ahead of you and possibly coming out when you are eligible for a bus pass. I'm gonna be 60 years old when they get the chance to get out of the clink. Shocking.
Almost as shocking as using your bus pass one day and losing key body parts or your life because of the actions of one of these people.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Almost as shocking as using your bus pass one day and losing key body parts or your life because of the actions of one of these people.

Yes, thats true and I fully condone the sentencing of these sick, cowardly infdividuals. I'm just coming at it at the perspective that I don't know if I would be able to cope 40 years in jail and would almost certainly try to end it all. Just missing things like being with my family, the chance of being able to spend time when i wanted with my mates, going to the pub in the evening and semi-staggering home with a kebab in tow. I couldnt comprehend it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
to flip it round , imagine serving 40 years .

In 1967 you went into Prison, England just won the world cup, Sleeping around was rife , it was the swinging sixties man.

Just think what you would of missed as you emerged a washed up 66 year old

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
At least the chubby chipmunk bomber doesn't have to worry about going bald whilst he's inside.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

You have to change your perspective to see this point, but.... it IS all down to perspective.

Imagine someone who is blind, unable to stand, and has to rely on a nurse to feed, and then only liquid foods. With such cerebral palsy as to be incapable of muscle control, yet inside their head they're as understanding and mentally active as any normal person.

Imagine someone who has hopes and dreams, family, romantic love life, fitness, career, friends. Then, a stranger walks into their life and turns them into a blind person with no legs, unable to breathe without a machine. NO CHANCE of redemption, cure, or pursuing any of their previous lifestyles, no chance even to make a choice of what to do with their day.

Now see a person walking around in prison, playing sports, making things, watching television, reading, eating a variety of foods, interacting with others, seeing the clouds roll across the sky, seeing weather changes, studying new things, writing, and reading.
Comparative heaven, in my opinion.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They'll all be let out when the muslims take over thanks to the lefts reverse colonisation policies.

eurabia_groot.gif

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't imagine how I would be feeling, but I hope those 4 men are totally bewildered and petrified.

They get not a single piece of sympathy from me. They knew what they were doing, I don't hold with the brainwashing theories, honestly, I hope they do 40 years each then on the day of their release, they all die in a prison fire.

They deserve nothing from anyone except hatred. I don't have to imagine what 40years would be like, because I am a decent human being, they are not. Hope they get as much abuse as it is possible to get for the next 40 years.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Imagine 40 years ago ...

Your last memory of watching the Albion would have been a 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough at the Goldstone, in a crucial game for both clubs.

The single point was enough to ensure that Middlesbrough won promotion from the Third Division and the Albion survived, just above the relegation zone.

I wonder whether the result was fixed.

And THAT was my first Albion game!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Not that I supported them then - my dad cam from Middlesbrough and I lived in Crawley.

Bloody hell - 40 years ago, and my dad (RIP) was younger than I am now...

*stares into space*

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
a very good book to read on the subject is 'the damage doen' by warren fellows who spends 12 years inside a thai prison in horrific conditions...after reading the book i would rather spend 40 years inside a british prison than the 12 years he spent inside the bangkok hilton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here