Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog owners

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Right, I'm really angry.

Not sure what it's like where you work / live, but I've just about had enough of the ****s in Clerkenwell who let their dogs shit all over the pavements. The streets round where I work have become a minefield of dog crap. It's so bad that the council have taken to cordoning off sections of pavement rather than clearing the dog muck up.

I've just been up to Exmouth Market for my lunch, and while I was queuing for a sarnie, I saw some **** chav swagger up the road with his mate and his pitbull. I just knew what was going to happen next. Sure enough, the dog stops to have a big dump outside one of the cafes, and the dog 'owner' just swaggers off up the road and ignores it.

What the f*** can be done to sort these scumbags out?! I didn't say anything cos I'm a coward and didn't fancy getting my face panned in. But something has to be done.

My three-month old son will be crawling and then toddling before long. But it's not safe to take your kids out onto the pavements these days.

:angry: :rant:

Last edited:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
As a dog owner I totally agree with you...

Its very frustrating and tars us all with the same brush...If I see someone letting their dog shit in the road, (or even in the nature reserve where I walk the dog) I give them a bag suggesting that they must have run out.. there is even large piles of shit RIGHT NEXT to the dog shit bin...

:angry::angry::angry:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Also...

I walk past a pile of fresh dog shit with my dog and I feel guilty because other people might think its me...also dogs have a rather disgusting habit of smelling/eating other animals shit ...they particularly like horses shit

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
f***ing agree big time though I dont think its as bad as I remember it in the 80s when used to play park football, it was a daily problem going home with shit on my boots

was particularly angry a couple of weeks ago when had to visit my mother in hospital who nearly didnt make it and trod in a big pile of shit on the way so couldnt go in until I bought some slippers from the nearest shoe shop an hour away

If I had seen any dog owner on the way to the shop let their dog shit on the pavement and not clean it up I think I would have been arrested for my actions

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What really pees me off is the kids from the local school who hang around in our road smoking, leaving their fag butts and packets on the pavement, don't seem to have a problem with dog crap around here...many thanks to responsible owners.

I was wondering if it was possible to use those active kids vouchers from Sainsbury to buy a mosquito for the end of the road, that would keep the buggers active, running back to school!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
If I had seen any dog owner on the way to the shop let their dog shit on the pavement and not clean it up I think I would have been arrested for my actions

Exactly. I was fuming, and felt like lamping the bastard.

And you're right, Staypuft, 'cos I look at all dog owners with suspicion now, and I know it's only a minority (albeit a messy one) that cause the problems.

Can they have their dogs taken off them?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Also...

I walk past a pile of fresh dog shit with my dog and I feel guilty because other people might think its me...also dogs have a rather disgusting habit of smelling/eating other animals shit ...they particularly like horses shit

Nah, they probably think it's your dog.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Theres a woman who lets her dog shit on the pitch we play on on Sunday mornings and when you confront her she goes into a moan about football thugs and she couldn't care but we point out that kids not only also use the pitches but will play on the park with kites etc when matches aren't on and can be blinded by bacteria found in dog shit.

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
The problem is I dont think it necessarily is a minority.

Bring back dog licences and make people have to pass tests.

Sounds a bit harsh but I think better for all including dogs who get treated like shit too...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have NEVER heard of anyone being blinded by dogshit.
Old wives tale.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dogs are nothing but furry shit machines.

At least a cat will scurry into an alleyway, paw over some dirt and then hang its head in shame for a week, whereas Mr. Dog shits on the street then acts like he's won the lottery.

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
I am a dog owner and it really gets to me when other owners don't clear up after their dogs. When I see it happen I take delight in approaching them, offering a bag and telling them a story about a child I know who has a de generative eye disease because they came in contact with animal shit (albeit horse dung)... i hope they think twice next time....probably not though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have NEVER heard of anyone being blinded by dogshit.
Old wives tale.

From a school website...

Toxicariasis is a terrible disease that can cause blindness and what's more it is normally children that get it. Not all dogs carry the larvae. It starts when the dog fouls. Children come along and play in that area and one child may fall over. The larvae from the dog foul gets on the to the childs' hand and if the child eats without washing their hands, eggs will be swallowed. The eggs will hatch into small bugs and then the bugs will look around the body for soft tissue. It may find the tissue in the eye and it will damage the eye. This damage can cause blindness. Did you know 100 people in Britain go blind each year from Toxicariasis?

:sick:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From a school website...

Toxicariasis is a terrible disease that can cause blindness and what's more it is normally children that get it. Not all dogs carry the larvae. It starts when the dog fouls. Children come along and play in that area and one child may fall over. The larvae from the dog foul gets on the to the childs' hand and if the child eats without washing their hands, eggs will be swallowed. The eggs will hatch into small bugs and then the bugs will look around the body for soft tissue. It may find the tissue in the eye and it will damage the eye. This damage can cause blindness. Did you know 100 people in Britain go blind each year from Toxicariasis?

:sick:

That was clearly written by a NINE year old
(with spellcheck)

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Dogs are not just for Christmas, they are for all types of family occasions and best served with rice noodles, according to my pal from the Orient.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Picture the scene. Worthing beach in the 70s. There I was, in the summer, having a day at the beach with my family. We'd played swingball, gone crabbing, played beach cricket....and after lunch I was merrily splitting my time between drawing on the breakwater with a piece of chalk and eating my crisps. I'd just finished drawing a particularly intricate graffiti style drawing. It had taken me ages. I'd been doing it for an hour.

I wasn't best pleased to find out that the chalk was in fact white dog poo. :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here