Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dog owners who dont clean up there dog mess

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Again today at the top of George street a dog owner let his dog do its pooh and then just walked away from it, a couple with there 2 children asked him to clean it up and all he gave them was a load of volleys in front of the children and walked away.

This happens all the time in roads and streets around hove and on the seafront i know some dog owners do clear up after there doggies but a lot do not so why cant all dog owners clear up after there doggies!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As a dog owner I am disgusted by others who don't. I would say most dog owners are very good, probably 95%, but theres a lot of dogs, so 5% make a load of mess.

THe councils don't make it easy either though, particualrly in Worthing where they have reduced the number of dog poo bins. I can imagine a few oldens (there is more than a few in Worthing) not bothering if a dog bin isn't in sight.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Bring back the dog license and charge for the cleaning up on top of the fee.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
At least most dog owners are responsible enough to clean up after there pet, but what about cat owners?
Cats seem to think it's their right to sh*t on my lawn, meaning that either I clean it up or end up running over it with the mower which causes it to stink! And don't give me that "cats are clean animals - they bury their poo" speech. Not in my back yard they don't.
Cat owners, get a litter tray and train your cat to use it!

:angry:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ah, but when someone here with a dog eventually gets an on the spot fine for their dogs fouling, it will be posted here as a rant about how the bloody police should be out catching real criminals :shootself

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw a bloke out walking his dog the other day, and he'd scooped the offending turd up into a bag as per usual, only he'd then tied said bag of poo to the dog's collar, so the furry fiend was carrying his own crap around the park.

Genius idea, I thought. Well until the mutt decides to go roll around on the grass and bursts the bag I suppose. Cleaning that up would NOT be a nice job.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a crime like any other. If caught you can be prosecuted or on-the-spot fines levied.

Not strictly true. You don't get a criminal record for letting your dog dump on a grass verge.

Would be quite amusing if you did though. What sort of sentence do you think it merits?

I say two years, minimum, based on years of playing football on park pitches. There is nothing worse in football (especially if you're a goalkeeper) than diving around the penalty area only to realise too late that there's a steaming great TURD on the six yard line.

In fact letting your dog crap on a football pitch should attract a minimum of six years in prison, and a compensation payment of £500 to any player who's had to scrape shit off their boots with a rotting twig as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here