Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog death Porsche driver - massive Argus fail?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kind of.
Its a bastardization of "itchy beard", which would be cried out at in the playground when someone came out with something of a slightly dubious nature. It would be accompanied by a suspicious stroking of the chin, as though pondering the validity of the doubtful statement whilst toying with an imaginary beard.

Pongo: "My dog lassoo'd a Porsche with his lead last night and raced it down the A27. He nearly won as well, but he tripped over at the Hangleton interchange and was dragged to a bloodied pulp".

Jennings: "Yeah, itchy beard".

Pongo: "Its TRUE. And my dad knows Tom Cruise, he's taking us all on holiday to Swanage next May".

Jennings: "Chinny reckon".

Pongo and Jennings? Did you go to that school out of the Beano? :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, seeing as how this dog isn't his (God...I hope it's not Fenton?) it does seem rather implausible that he would find a random dog on the street, tie it to his car and then set off on a drive around to see how long it takes to die, just for the hell of it.

So I'm inclined to believe some elements of his story, at least the "accidentally ran it over" part. Who knows, perhaps he has another reason for flowering things up a bit- it might not be the dog problem that he's trying to cover his arse over. He might have been out & about seeing another woman behind the partner's back, or going for a spot of late night Devil's Dyke in-car activity, ahem, and en route got caught up in the whole dog issue. Now he's had to come up with a reason that will satisfy his irate partner as to what he was doing up the Dyke without her and it's all rather spiralled as the result of an unfortunate collision with a dog.

People are strange, but I find it hard to believe someone would drag a complete stranger's dog to its death for the hell of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, seeing as how this dog isn't his (God...I hope it's not Fenton?) it does seem rather implausible that he would find a random dog on the street, tie it to his car and then set off on a drive around to see how long it takes to die, just for the hell of it.

So I'm inclined to believe some elements of his story, at least the "accidentally ran it over" part. Who knows, perhaps he has another reason for flowering things up a bit- it might not be the dog problem that he's trying to cover his arse over. He might have been out & about seeing another woman behind the partner's back, or going for a spot of late night Devil's Dyke in-car activity, ahem, and en route got caught up in the whole dog issue. Now he's had to come up with a reason that will satisfy his irate partner as to what he was doing up the Dyke without her and it's all rather spiralled as the result of an unfortunate collision with a dog.

People are strange, but I find it hard to believe someone would drag a complete stranger's dog to its death for the hell of it.

This is my current thinking, also.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Some people are so suspicious. He said he went there to use the toilet. Why must you question his word?

As far as I know, no one has claimed the dog. It's possible it is his dog and they family are all protecting him, it's also possible whatever activity he partook in at devils dyke might have involved other people who use 'walking the dog' as an excuse, and they are equally embarrassed to come forward.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Whatever he was doing at the Dyke, it didn't involve doing it IN the Porsche. There's not enough room to swing a cat. Oh!............ sorry.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some people are so suspicious. He said he went there to use the toilet. Why must you question his word?

As far as I know, no one has claimed the dog. It's possible it is his dog and they family are all protecting him, it's also possible whatever activity he partook in at devils dyke might have involved other people who use 'walking the dog' as an excuse, and they are equally embarrassed to come forward.

I'm questioning his word? I'm actually trying to defend him, or at least point out that he might not be lying through his teeth about the dog, as a lot of posters on here seem to want to believe.

Some people seem convinced that he's deliberately tied a dog to his car and dragged it along for the hell of it, and his entire story is false. I, on the other hand, am saying is that if the story he's putting out seems a bit unlikely (which I think is fair), there may well be a reason for it, other than him being a dog-murdering animal-hating bastard.

I believe they think the dog's owners are abroad, by the way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm questioning his word? I'm actually trying to defend him, or at least point out that he might not be lying through his teeth about the dog, as a lot of posters on here seem to want to believe.

I think we need a tongue in cheek smilie.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
But surely somebody was responsible for the dog, even if its owners are abroad.

Or did the dog's family just f*** off on a jolly for a few weeks, leaving Rex to fend for himself on the street? In which case isn't it they who should be receiving death threats from the militant animal lovers of Worthing?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe they think the dog's owners are abroad, by the way.

So this may be even more complicated if, for example, the dog owner had tied it up in their garden and it somehow managed to free itself and go walkabout. If that was what happened then surely there might be a case for mis-treatment of a domestic animal that ultimately led to its death.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So this may be even more complicated if, for example, the dog owner had tied it up in their garden and it somehow managed to free itself and go walkabout

Yes, I agree, I only mentioned the holiday thing because I was fairly sure I read it somewhere, but perhaps I imagined it. Anyone else read this?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm
Some people seem convinced that he's deliberately tied a dog to his car and dragged it along for the hell of it, and his entire story is false.

I wouldn't know, in the grand tradition of NSC I can't be bothered to read the story, just the headline. And on that basis....pass the black cap!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tell you what, with this and the Fenton thread, it's getting increasingly confusing as to which mutt-related thread I'm posting on.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I'm with this, one question I would have is why driving from London to Worthing that time of night did he choose that route when it would have been quicker straight down the A23 and onto the A27, also most blokes would piss in a layby in daylight let alone at night so why divert all the way upto the DD pub. Granted he may of wanted a Sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here