Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doesn't FEEl like Christmas to me...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
fell to -1C as the Southwick Weather Station last night.

Xmas day forecast

Mainly cloudy but dry
Cold and calm
Max Temp 2C
Min Night -3C

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Too much religion creeping into Xmas nowadays :angry:

Looking forward to the splendidly PAGAN Winter Solstice thing in Brighton tomorrow night. Drinking wine on the beach, watching fireworks and people burning things.

t's what Wicca would have wanted :flameboun :clap2:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
Too much religion creeping into Xmas nowadays :angry:

Looking forward to the splendidly PAGAN Winter Solstice thing in Brighton tomorrow night. Drinking wine on the beach, watching fireworks and people burning things.

t's what Wicca would have wanted :flameboun :clap2:

Burn those clocks damn it burn them !!!!!:flameboun

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Starry said:
She's good thank you!

Much better than my 24/7 feed on demand situation of a month or so ago. I think we have finally cracked some sort of routine with her that does not involve an all night party.

She's growing like a weed, time is flying. Paddy is on about baby number 5. Ha ha. :glare:

romy.jpg

How gorgeous!! Arthur is sitting on my knee grinning at her and saying goop (no idea what that means but since he's similing I'd say its good!) :lol: Glad the routines coming along - well done for all the hard work so far!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
"Dennis, come back with my Schnapple pie", i will shout on Christmas morn if that little rat unlocks my cellar door and scarpers with my syringes in his trouserbags.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
crodonilson said:
Don't they have Winterval like we have over here??

Here's wishing everyone a happy Winterval!!

:clap:

What's Winterval? What they do here is they do the whole tree and presents thing at New Year... and some poeple trya nd have Father Xmas too... sıx days later!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
crodonilson said:
I prefer Winterval anyway to be honest, I'd hate to think we are offending any of our muslim friends.

But we / they are not offended! I'm Muslim and celebrate Xmas cos I'm English! No one cares provided they can have their holidays too. Winterval! Bah Humbug!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Re: Doesn't FEEl like Christmas to me...

Woodchip said:
But you felt Christmasy last Friday though...

http://northstandchat.biz/showthread.php? s=&threadid=93622&highlight=christmas

(Don't you love it when thread's come back to haunt you!!)

True :blush:

I apologise for my UNseasonal outburst; I spent 3am - 6am on the M11 in temperatures down to -5 *C, attempting to free 3 lorry drivers from their cabs after a multi-HGV accident, then get home, have a shower, a short sleep, log on to NSC and see that the resident commuters (well, okay, MoH) are whinging that their train carriages aren't quite heated to their liking! What a bunch of cup-cakes!

I just lost it :p

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
tedebear said:
How gorgeous!! Arthur is sitting on my knee grinning at her and saying goop (no idea what that means but since he's similing I'd say its good!) :lol: Glad the routines coming along - well done for all the hard work so far!!

Aww, I am sure Romy would send back a message if she wasn't (for once!) fast asleep before 10pm.

And thanks :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Re: Re: Re: Doesn't FEEl like Christmas to me...

Bry Nylon said:
True :blush:

I apologise for my UNseasonal outburst; I spent 3am - 6am on the M11 in temperatures down to -5 *C, attempting to free 3 lorry drivers from their cabs after a multi-HGV accident, then get home, have a shower, a short sleep, log on to NSC and see that the resident commuters (well, okay, MoH) are whinging that their train carriages aren't quite heated to their liking! What a bunch of cup-cakes!

I just lost it :p

you say 'trying'.

does that mean you wernt successfull?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Re: Re: Re: Doesn't FEEl like Christmas to me...

ali jenkins said:
you say 'trying'.

does that mean you wernt successfull?

CRASH LORRY SPILLS FRUIT AND VEG
A lorry jack-knifed and overturned on an M11 slip road on Wednesday spilling 16 tonnes of fruit and vegetables across the southbound carriageway.
The motorway was closed for several hours on the Essex/Cambridgeshire border at Junction 10 while emergency services cleared up the spillage.

Diversions put into place around the incident near Duxford have caused severe congestion on surrounding roads.
=============================================

By the time we got there the jack-knifed fruit and veg lorry had been hit by 2 other lorries in the freezing fog. A few minor head injuries, but other than that all casualties had a remarkably lucky escape.

If anyone wants some slightly bruised satsumas, PM me :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here