Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doesn't FEEl like Christmas to me...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Don't know why exactly, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas :down:

Maybe by the weekend I will be feeling all festive and decking everything in sight with boughs of holly etc - but at the moment it just doesn't seem like Christmas at all...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Come over to Turkey Bry.... they don't celebrate anything till New Year... come here and you'll really know what NO Christmas means..... excpet if you go to Ikea who have gone über-festive!!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Come over to Turkey Bry.... they don't celebrate anything till New Year... come here and you'll really know what NO Christmas means..... excpet if you go to Ikea who have gone über-festive!!!!

Don't they have Winterval like we have over here??

Here's wishing everyone a happy Winterval!!

:clap:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Nor here Bry.

My children are bouncing off the walls waiting for Father Christmas and we have all the decorations up, but I have never felt less festive in my entire life.

I wish we could just fast forward to the end of February and be done with Christmas and January really.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bry Nylon said:
Don't know why exactly, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas :down:

Maybe by the weekend I will be feeling all festive and decking everything in sight with boughs of holly etc - but at the moment it just doesn't seem like Christmas at all...

Is it because you are a Muslim ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try going shopping, feels like f***ing xmas to me :angry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think because its only just got cold that I've only just realized Chrimbo is apon us... Usually we've had a few weeks of cold weather by now, and this morning was the first morning that Zef has had to scrape the windscreen of the car!!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it's this bloody global warming - were i live we have had many days were i am sure that 20 years back it would have been thick snow but what do we get - ******* drizzle
:censored:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Starry said:
I wish we could just fast forward to the end of February

Nooooooooooo - I'd miss my ski holiday (Jan) AND my birthday (Feb) doing that !

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
pasty said:
Nooooooooooo - I'd miss my ski holiday (Jan) AND my birthday (Feb) doing that !

You'll have to rearrange I am afraid. :p

Either we stop the clocks now or we fast forward!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
crodonilson said:
I prefer Winterval anyway to be honest, I'd hate to think we are offending any of our muslim friends.
That's very thoughtful of you, of course but, as has been demonstrated time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again, you wouldn't be, because they actually really seem to emjoy Christmas and get into it and embrace it too.

Not least least it's the birth of an important prophet of Islam, as this shows, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#Islamic_views.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
tedebear said:
Hows the little one doing?

She's good thank you!

Much better than my 24/7 feed on demand situation of a month or so ago. I think we have finally cracked some sort of routine with her that does not involve an all night party.

She's growing like a weed, time is flying. Paddy is on about baby number 5. Ha ha. :glare:

romy.jpg

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
i know what you mean bry, christmas is for kids really, it never has the same meaning when you get older

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Starry said:
She's good thank you!

Much better than my 24/7 feed on demand situation of a month or so ago. I think we have finally cracked some sort of routine with her that does not involve an all night party.

She's growing like a weed, time is flying. Paddy is on about baby number 5. Ha ha. :glare:

romy.jpg

oh starry, shes gorgeous:angel:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
tedebear said:
I think because its only just got cold that I've only just realized Chrimbo is apon us... Usually we've had a few weeks of cold weather by now, and this morning was the first morning that Zef has had to scrape the windscreen of the car!!

5 scraping days so far this Winter in North Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here