Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doesn't 5 Live Do Live Football Anymore?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flicked on to 5 Live last night to listen to the Arsenal game. Nothing. Finally found it on TalkSport. Same again today with the Chelski game. Que pasa? ???

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I checked Sports Xtra and they still had TMS, despite the test match ending mid afternoon. I think they just had nothing broadcast at the time which seemed a waste. Ended up following it on TalkSPORT.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's a shame 5 Live lost those matches to Talksport - their coverage is so inferior.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
As far as I'm aware it's the late kick off on Saturday and the Monday night football too that TalkSport have...definitely the late Sat one. BBC are head and shoulders over everyone else for radio sport.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
As far as I'm aware it's the late kick off on Saturday and the Monday night football too that TalkSport have...definitely the late Sat one. BBC are head and shoulders over everyone else for radio sport.

Talksport have Saturday Late kick offs, Early Sunday (13:30) and Wednesday evening

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
The Premiership commentaries are carved up between 5Live, Talksport and AbsoluteRadio, and most annoyingly, a lot of the CL and EL are not on radio at all, simply to get people to get satellite tv :rant:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I think there were 7 Premiership commentary packages, of which 5Live got four, TalkSport got two and AbsoluteRadio got the other one. There seems to be very little, if any, Championship, League 1/2, and Champions and Europa League commentaries :nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think there were 7 Premiership commentary packages, of which 5Live got four, TalkSport got two and AbsoluteRadio got the other one. There seems to be very little, if any, Championship, League 1/2, and Champions and Europa League commentaries :nono:

What a MESS!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's very confusing, internet rights can vary too quite often. I have known there to be matches on 5Live radio but, try to listen live via the internet and you can't get commentary.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

This, noticed it at the start of last season and wondered what was going on with Five Live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here