Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your wife/girlfriend support a rival club?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
My dad's a lifelong Southampton fan. He took me to games when I was a kid, bought me the kits and we even had season tickets. I didn't like Southampton, I liked spending time with my old man so I let him think I supported them, but after they moved from The Dell, the attitude around the club changed and eventually I told him I didn't want to go to games anymore. I think he knew I was a Brighton fan, my mum did, she's from Brighton and she bought me the kits and that which I wore all the time. Only wore the Southampton kit to games and I stopped doing that towards the end.

It felt kind of like coming out with him, only worse tbh. My parents aren't homophobes, finding out I was bisexual wasn't a big deal for them so long as I was happy, but I don't know. When I was younger, the only way I knew how to talk to my dad was through football but I now I know I can talk to him about anything really.

Noone I've ever dated has been interested in football though, as far as I know.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
My wife was not interested in football. took her to 2 games 1 home, 1 away she never wanted to come again............................................thank fvck..........she always checks the scores as do my kids :D

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Luckily for me the missus hates anything to do with football, and has always said there is no chance she would ever go to a game! Get in there

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Mine supports Crystal Palace....well actually in her words "anyone that is playing against Brighton" its a sad existence :( her main team is Kalmar (Sweden) though.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I took my wife (from reading area) to an Albion v Reading game one night at withdean. I think reading won, she was not impressed. Maybe im crazy but I hope to suprise her with ta ticket for the Millwall game on valentines day! Am I crazy?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I took my now-wife on our second date to the Withdean :) It drizzled and was 1-1.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Wife and in laws all Pompey die hards. Has been rough going listening to their premiership and FA cup adventures so the last couple of years have been immensely satisfying. Dislike them far more than Palace or anyone else, wouldn't want to see them go out of business but a couple of seasons in the basement with 4000 crowds would be bliss!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
My wife is Chelsea - a family thing with them coming from London and they have all followed Chelsea, having said that she has only ever been to one Chelsea game which I took her to (it wasn't against Brighton) but she does watch them avidly on the tv. She has been to quite a few Brighton games over the years and they are her 2nd team. It's great having a wife into football though - I have been and followed England abroad in European Championships and World Cup (on my own but she understood). Also can watch all the games on tv when World Cup and Euros on without any complaint (including all the non-England games). Luv it!!! :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, actually.... ???

No. :down: There's always that 1% chance, though. I dated a Chelsea "fan" once. Silly girl.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Took the wife to millwall away, 2nd leg of play off semi final. Think it was the dog meat burger and setting fire to a policeman's helmet that put her off. Where as the lad had been brainwashed to be Albion since the day he was born and bloody loves it now we have the Amex and a few good players.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
mine does, and it happens to be newcastle:nono:

She's brighton born and bred and had no interest in football until she moved to newcastle a few years ago and went to her first footie match up there and got the football bug.:d

now she's back here she still supports the toon as that is her team and i respect that but since the cup draw she has been giving me some banter that i don't know quite how to deal with:rolleyes:

And she has managed to secure herself some tickets for her and her brother in the away end for next weekend and the abuse and non-stop banter is beginning to get to me. I have now told her that i'm not putting up with her potty mouth drivel and we are now enemies until the 28th ( atm this is friendly banter but will get obviously get worse over the coming week):lol::lol:

I have a mate who's arsenal and his missus is spurs which always gets entertaining), they've now just learned not to talk about it for fear of serious arguments.....

Our supporting other clubs has never been a problem til now

anyone else suffer the same problem????
glory hunter...glory hunter!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here