Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your wife/girlfriend support a rival club?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Mine does, and it happens to be Newcastle:nono:

She's Brighton born and bred and had no interest in football until she moved to Newcastle a few years ago and went to her first footie match up there and got the football bug.:D

Now she's back here she still supports the toon as that is her team and I respect that but since the cup draw she has been giving me some banter that I don't know quite how to deal with:rolleyes:

And she has managed to secure herself some tickets for her and her brother in the away end for next weekend and the abuse and non-stop banter is beginning to get to me. I have now told her that I'm not putting up with her potty mouth drivel and we are now enemies until the 28th ( atm this is friendly banter but will get obviously get worse over the coming week):lol::lol:

I have a mate who's arsenal and his missus is spurs which always gets entertaining), they've now just learned not to talk about it for fear of serious arguments.....

Our supporting other clubs has never been a problem til now

Anyone else suffer the same problem????

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No my girlfriend isn't interested in football.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
A friend of mine (North Stand STH) is married to a Palace fan. First dance at their wedding -"Glad all over". Must love her.

My wife is a STH. Makes life a lot easier, esp. Valentines day.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Oh dear. I hope we are not dating the same lady :ohmy:

Possibly, mine used to be gorgeous until a few days ago, now she's argumentative and less attractive...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My wife is a STH. Makes life a lot easier said:
Argh, her cousin is getting married on Valentine's day in Essex, was pre booked for it back in September, we're not even invited to the wedding, just the evening, I have to take 2 days off work to go up and stay in a hotel just for the night:censored:

Not only did I miss millwall away cos I couldn't get off work I'm gonna miss the home game as I'm in Colchester with people I've only met a handful of times...:censored::censored::censored:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Regarding football, I wouldn't really call Lincoln City rivals. However, when it comes to rugby...

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My wife can't stand football but a mate of mine in the north stand married into a palace mad family. His brother was best man at the wedding and after his speach he was presented with a gift. He opened it and it was a palace shirt, he turned round and lobbed it straight out the window! Was very funny!

Oct 25, 2003
i've actually never been out with anyone who has even a vague interest in football......then again most people are shocked when i tell them i'm into football

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Her family are palarse, she never cared. First ever match? Brighton vs Wrexham last season away when we lifted the trophy, and she had no idea until that chant started what trouble she'd be in when she got home. When the announcer read out the scum's halftime score twice because of the reaction first time (as many away fans as home that day) her face was priceless. *grin*

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Her family are palarse, she never cared. First ever match? Brighton vs Wrexham last season away when we lifted the trophy, and she had no idea until that chant started what trouble she'd be in when she got home. When the announcer read out the scum's halftime score twice because of the reaction first time (as many away fans as home that day) her face was priceless. *grin*

At Walsall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here