Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your boyfriend know you're here?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
BBC NEWS | UK | Football 'failing on homophobia'

A spokesman for the Football League, which runs the Championship and Leagues One and Two, said its clubs did not tolerate abusive behaviour, adding that stewards were being trained to tackle it.

He said: "League clubs are working hard to deliver a match-day environment that is welcoming to everyone in the community."

Of course we are used to the regular 'homophobic chants' at every game we play, I'm straight, but I wonder do 'happy' people as Martin Perry refers to them feel insulted, are we losing or not gaining new fans due to perceived inaction on away fans by our own club?

Can it really be stamped out?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BBC NEWS | UK | Football 'failing on homophobia'

Of course we are used to the regular 'homophobic chants' at every game we play, I'm straight, but I wonder do 'happy' people as Martin Perry refers to them feel insulted, are we losing or not gaining new fans due to perceived inaction on away fans by our own club?

Can it really be stamped out?

According to the Metro there's a move to deduct points from teams that give out homophobic abuse. By that alone we should be Champions of Europe in four years time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So if the people that taunted Sol Campbell, were banned, doesn't that mean that any fans chanting something similar to Brighton should be banned also....??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not exactly offensive stuff is it?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
f*** it, when I go to Yeovil (fingers crossed) with a group of mates, we're going to be wearing the pink and white (again, fingers crossed) and have Slade bald caps. We may even get Dicker, Cox and Dickinson on the shirts. :lol: We'll be camping it up, why not. We've got a very gay association to our club, we should play up to it. Embrace the homophobia rather than trying to fight against it.

"We're pink, and we're proud of it..."
"Russell Slade's pink and white army..."
"Can you see us holding hands? Can you seeeeeeee us holding hands?"

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003

Offensive to some?

That's the point of the article.

Along with racism it shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion.

If I walked down the street and passed a 'harmless comment' that could be misconstrued as homophobic I could quite easily get a criminal record.

Although along with racism it's never going to be completely wiped out of course.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Well it depends on the individual doesn't it ? How offensive is it to chant beastiality remarks at Welsh teams or those from the West Country ? How grevious is it to call Carlisle fans Scottish ? How bad is it to insinutante that Palace fans deal drugs and pimp their sisters or that Gillingham fans live in Caravans ? And so on.

In all honesty most of us are sufficiently comfortable with our sexuality that that homophobic remarks are a bit of a joke.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
football banter is part and parcel of football crowds, its the same PC wankers who are trying to get rid of sledging in cricket....f*** off and leave our games alone you morons....and I bet they dont even go to footy or cricket matches anyway.....wankers!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What I wanna know is, why do they wanna know??

???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
doesnt bother me, its banter. next we wont be allowed to infer the welsh are sheep shaggers, claim country based fans like their sisters, or city based fans are hiding from the social.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
doesnt bother me, its banter. next we wont be allowed to infer the welsh are sheep shaggers, claim country based fans like their sisters, or city based fans are hiding from the social.

We should however still be able to declare out loud that Palace fans are imbred chavs with low morals because let's face it, IT'S TRUE !

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Is "You're too ugly to be gay" a homophobic chant?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Offensive to some?

If I walked down the street and passed a 'harmless comment' that could be misconstrued as homophobic I could quite easily get a criminal record.

Although along with racism it's never going to be completely wiped out of course.
its meant to be offensive FFS or there wouldnt be any point to it, go and watch hockey or basketball if you want something less confrontational, why do you want to watch something so sanitised and lacking in passion ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
its meant to be offensive FFS or there wouldnt be any point to it, go and watch hockey or basketball if you want something less confrontational, why do you want to watch something so sanitised and lacking in passion ?

Doesn't worry me one iota,I'm thinking of other fans.

That's not to say I don't think it should be tolerated of course.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Offensive to some?

I'm not condoning it, but I can't imagine there are many gay men out there who'd like to come and watch the Albion but can't for fear of being asked whether their boyfriend knows they are there or being informed that they can be seen holding hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here