Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your boyfriend know your here?

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
OP is incorrect. In reply to our chant "we forgot you were here" was the very predictable " we forgot you were queer"

Overall support from Ipswich was piss poor.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
OP is incorrect. In reply to our chant "we forgot you were here" was the very predictable " we forgot you were queer"

Well I think thats just about ok (need to check with Matt Lucas who should be appointed as independent arbiter of acceptable homosexual related football banter)
Same scansion and wotnot so after the banner a highpoint of literary sensibility.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So you're getting upset by a few late night board hoggers.

Be mellow - the sentiments of your original post are well-noted, and for the most part appreciated.

Thank you.

Thing is when anybody looks at page 1,all you see however intentioned is the words "Does your boyfriend know your here?"....perhaps not by design,but a lasting impression created to any viewer..

still it's good to talk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I heard them clap for a few corners/chances and that was it, didn't really hear one song from the WSU...worst support I've seen at the Amex

Really? In a ground that's once contained the shite that was the Burnley support?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
met some ipswich fans in the downsman yesterday they where ok but the pricks with the banner realy got the home crowd going

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may be interested to know, in the days before the homophobic threads on TWTD.co.uk surfaced and before banner-gate yesterday, many of us Brighton fans on NSC were talking about how highly we regarded Ipswich Town, how many of us have a soft spot for them down the years. Why did you even think it OK to be making snap-judgements of us on the basis of a few posts on a thread if, at the same time, you didn't think it OK to be makng snap-judgements of Ipswich fans on the basis of a few banners?

To be honest I still don't think I do hate Ipswich. The homophobic threads on TWTD and the banners were just a few of their fans. I got the impression that the vast majority of Ipswich fans on the eastern part of the South Stand didn't have a clue why we so angry as they probably hadn't seen the banners. In the pictures you can see Town fans looking at the banners in a most bemused way.

As you say, it's a bit like the OP getting annoyed with ALL Brighton fans because a few of our members gave him abuse. Every board has them. Cheers for your good wishes BTW deenomeet. :thumbsup:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Does "we forgot that you were queer" not count then?

Oops fixtures

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
you think he may have just got home? (maybe you shouldn't attack every away fan who comes on here without thinking )

Attack? I'm not attacking him? I made no assumption about the time of his arrival home. It was friendly advice given soon after the poster started the thread.

Slightly tongue in cheek I'll admit but far too subtle for some on here......

Not even this. Not one homophobic chant from the Ipswich fans today.Take the stupid banner(from a few idiots) away,and there was a lot of respect for a good Brighton team from the majority of Town fans.Good luck in the play offs(cos if you play like that,that is where you will be!)!punk::guitar::smokin:

Appreciated - thankyou :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
super-computer-nerd.jpg

Is he 1066gull's twin bother ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not even this. Not one homophobic chant from the Ipswich fans today.Take the stupid banner(from a few idiots) away,and there was a lot of respect for a good Brighton team from the majority of Town fans.Good luck in the play offs(cos if you play like that,that is where you will be!)!punk::guitar::smokin:

According to Ipswich friends in your end there was at least one attempt at a homophobic chant by a group of your fans that didn't catch on with the majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here