Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the UK need a nuclear deterrent?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Unfortunately we had the "Lidl" versions because they were cheaper. This time we are going for the special option that do firework displays at the same time, so at least people will vapourise with a smile on their faces. I don't think we are going for the ones that play Robbie Williams, that would just be a foolish extravagance.

Nuclear missiles are the politicians version of willy waving, plus it makes them feel all big and hard without actually having to face the people they plan on killing.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
HampshireSeagulls said:
Unfortunately we had the "Lidl" versions because they were cheaper. This time we are going for the special option that do firework displays at the same time, so at least people will vapourise with a smile on their faces. I don't think we are going for the ones that play Robbie Williams, that would just be a foolish extravagance.

Nuclear missiles are the politicians version of willy waving, plus it makes them feel all big and hard without actually having to face the people they plan on killing.
politicians never face the people they plan to kill anyway

they leave that up to us

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
sell by dates are only there to keep the manufacturers in business, anything well made lasts indefinitely and is servicable

my Sten gun for example :eek:

HampshireSeagulls said:
they could make us do things that we don't want to do by threatening us, and we wouldn't have anything to threaten them back with.
Nice theory, but we have nukes at the moment and America still makes us do stuff we don't want to do.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Personally I'd have thought that a nuclear weapon that has gone past its sell by date is much more of a threat than a new one.

So much new technology is flawed, over priced and badly built.

I sure they don't make nuclear weapons like they used it in the good old days, and I'd rather have a shiny new one dropped on me than a mouldy and highly unpredictable out of date one.

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
no need for nuclear bombs....

use the tactics proved effective in afghanistan. the US dropped their food rations for the afghans, the UK theirs for the talibans....:D

job done...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
London Irish said:
Nice theory, but we have nukes at the moment and America still makes us do stuff we don't want to do.

That's only because Princess Tony can't say "no" when he has his mouth full.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
GermanShepherd said:
no need for nuclear bombs....

use the tactics proved effective in afghanistan. the US dropped their food rations for the afghans, the UK theirs for the talibans....:D

job done...

Hm. Perhaps, on hindsight, we should have taken out the baconburgers then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here