Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the negativity on NSC get you down?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But then after the initial disappointment, you find out she makes a smashing casserole.

and afterwards you slip upstairs and turn off the lights and are a bit disappointed you might not get an earthshatteringly mad night of filth but at the end of the day a shag is a shag. Better to get one than none at all, and you never know you might actually enjoy it more than you originally thought.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh come on, I've never called you a twat, I don't need to state the obvious.

And that is what I think is wrong with this forum.

People would rather avoid the football debate just so they can get in an insult in order to boost their opinion amongst...er...fellow internet message board users.

Bless.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Now there's a few people (like me) who while aren't suicidal are disappointed that we've gone from talking about the likes of Ince, Boothroyd, and Curbishley to a bloke who has done an average job at Yeovil who resembles a potato.
He's done a good job with Yeovil. Getting them to the playoff final was an excellent achievment, after that they lost a few players, their league positions are more reflective of the size of the club. Never the less a 45% win ratio is very respectable.

I'm disappointed too, I'd have loved someone the calibre of Ince or Gannon, but what more could we do? They said no. We just have to get on with it and get the best option available. Slade has been given the job of keeping us up and his track record suggests he is capable of doing so, I don't see the sense in complaining.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
NSC has always been populated by moaners - people who love nothing more than to voice a negative opinion - on anything....perhaps the internet is the only way they can find a voice. Recently it has been the worst I can remember and I have actually found it unpleasant, but that isn't to say it wasn't always bad.

On the other hand there can be tons of humour (particularly of the smutty kind); willing help and support for people with a problem;even the occasional insightful comment.........................that's why it is so addictive.

Overall the plusses outweigh the negatives although sometimes only just ;)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Its like turning up for a blind date that one of your mates has arranged. He's told you that she looks just like Katherine Jenkins, but when she turns up, she looks more like Fern Brittan.

But then after the initial disappointment, you find out she makes a smashing casserole.

QED :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's done a good job with Yeovil. Getting them to the playoff final was an excellent achievment, after that they lost a few players, their league positions are more reflective of the size of the club. Never the less a 45% win ratio is very respectable.

I'm disappointed too, I'd have loved someone the calibre of Ince or Gannon, but what more could we do? They said no. We just have to get on with it and get the best option available. Slade has been given the job of keeping us up and his track record suggests he is capable of doing so, I don't see the sense in complaining.

I generally don't disagree with your post, and to be honest, I don't think I've said much more than that i'm "disappointed" and "unconvinced" which isn't much more than the likes of yourself have said - it's just just a shame people have their targets and have decided to pin me down as the person they should slate in order to boost their credibility.

Here's hoping some good work will start tomorrow. Note - i'm HOPING, not EXPECTING. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and afterwards you slip upstairs and turn off the lights and are a bit disappointed you might not get an earthshatteringly mad night of filth but at the end of the day a shag is a shag. Better to get one than none at all, and you never know you might actually enjoy it more than you originally thought.

But then in the back of your mind, there is always that dark, nagging thought.....

".......I wonder if Fred Dineage has been here ?"

*shudder*

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I put it down to S.A.D. - Seasonally Affected Disorder, it starts around the beginning of August and continues to the beginning of May.

Roll on the summer holidays!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And that is what I think is wrong with this forum.

People would rather avoid the football debate just so they can get in an insult in order to boost their opinion amongst...er...fellow internet message board users.

Bless.

Well maybe it's escaped your notice but given the number of detractors you have perhaps it's you and your incessant whining, bitching and complaining about even the most trivial things that maybe you and your ilk are the problem. You don't encourage debate you just dive in and moan at every single thing with this club.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well maybe it's escaped your notice but given the number of detractors you have perhaps it's you and your incessant whining, bitching and complaining about even the most trivial things that maybe you and your ilk are the problem. You don't encourage debate you just dive in and moan at every single thing with this club.

That's what you want to believe.

Do I moan about White and Booker? No.
Do I moan about Hart and Mayo? No.
Do I moan about Withdean? No.
Have I moaned about the players we have signed this week? No.
Do I moan about Doug Loft? No.
Do I moan about the cheerleaders? No.
Do I moan about our away support? No.
Do I moan about the food at Withdean? No.

Do I hypocritically moan about people moaning???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am glad Dick Knight did no rush into an appointment and I am glad he has not handed out another lengthy contract. Makes perfect sense to appoint someone until the end of the season and see where we are then. Certainly, if we go down we will not have anywhere near the same playing / staff budget as if we stay up.

However, I think much like getting Adams in, Knight has raised the expectation level of fans who are not slightly disappointed at the signing of Slade. In the last two weeks we have been told Ince et al were interested, along with dozens of top quality managers from home and abroad. Slade was always going to be a slight let down after that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Throw in the same tedious cretins who think it makes them look good when they get on their high horse and call people expletives and you have the modern day NSC.

Yes but apart from you and Trigger?.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's what you want to believe.

Do I moan about White and Booker? No.
Do I moan about Hart and Mayo? No.
Do I moan about Withdean? No.
Have I moaned about the players we have signed this week? No.
Do I moan about Doug Loft? No.
Do I moan about the cheerleaders? No.
Do I moan about our away support? No.
Do I moan about the food at Withdean? No.

Do I hypocritically moan about people moaning???

:clap::clap::clap:You're wonderful, such a warm loving person (that's sarcasm by the way). The fact that you feel the need to itemize all the things and people you don't moan about says it all !

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:clap::clap::clap:You're wonderful, such a warm loving person (that's sarcasm by the way). The fact that you feel the need to itemize all the things and people you don't moan about says it all !

Oh have a day off. What are you trying to say there? Absolutey f*** all. You're just having another irrelevent pop in order to stop making yourself look a twat. For god sake grow up - we're not on the school playground anymore.

:bla:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am glad Dick Knight did no rush into an appointment and I am glad he has not handed out another lengthy contract. Makes perfect sense to appoint someone until the end of the season and see where we are then. Certainly, if we go down we will not have anywhere near the same playing / staff budget as if we stay up.

However, I think much like getting Adams in, Knight has raised the expectation level of fans who are not slightly disappointed at the signing of Slade. In the last two weeks we have been told Ince et al were interested, along with dozens of top quality managers from home and abroad. Slade was always going to be a slight let down after that.

By whom?

I recall the Albion mentioning Jim Gannon and the nationalities of four overseas people, and the Argus casually mentioning Paul Ince, Russell Slade and Alan Pardew, working under the assumption that if you scatter your seed far and wide enough, something with sprout.

Other than that, every other name has been speculation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh have a day off. What are you trying to say there? Absolutey f*** all. You're just having another irrelevent pop in order to stop making yourself look a twat. For god sake grow up - we're not on the school playground anymore.

:bla:

And who was it who was talking about insults ? Just because you cannot face up to the fact that you're everything that most people say you are ! I'm not the one who needs to grow up, you actually need to get a life.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And who was it who was talking about insults ? Just because you cannot face up to the fact that you're everything that most people say you are ! I'm not the one who needs to grow up, you actually need to get a life.

I give up - you're a lost cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here