Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the internet on your phone work at 30,000 feet?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Just a quick question,

I'm flying for a weeks break next saturday (fcuking awful timing I know and when I booked it I thought the season would be well over either way)

As I said my flight is at 14.30 next saturday......what options when im airbound do I have?

Will the net work on my phone?

Could I ask the captain to radio through to check the results at half time or wont they do it???

any ideas?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well I was kind of clutching at straws....ive never checked to see if easyjoke have wifi or not

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Well in that case do you think If made a special request to the cabin crew to ask the captain to ask?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Like Safeway says. If you ask the worse that can happen is you get told no. Where are you flying to? Will you not be there before the game ends anyway, so can just call home.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Your phone won't work.

Not sure that's definitely the case. The example of those passengers ringing out as their flight was being flown towards the White House on 9/11 springs to mind.

Mind you if you get caught using your phone in the air....

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Like Safeway says. If you ask the worse that can happen is you get told no. Where are you flying to? Will you not be there before the game ends anyway, so can just call home.

I think safeway is right, also matters what crew are on I suppose....knowing my luck I will get a palace fan pilot!!

Im flying to Madeira (Portugal) - I land at 18.05. so it be well over by then....I mean all id be after is a half time score from our place and the same from Carlisle...I know i cant change the outcome by knowing but I will be so unsettled on that flight!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Not sure that's definitely the case. The example of those passengers ringing out as their flight was being flown towards the White House on 9/11 springs to mind.

Mind you if you get caught using your phone in the air....

Toilet?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think safeway is right, also matters what crew are on I suppose....knowing my luck I will get a palace fan pilot!!

Im flying to Madeira (Portugal) - I land at 18.05. so it be well over by then....I mean all id be after is a half time score from our place and the same from Carlisle...I know i cant change the outcome by knowing but I will be so unsettled on that flight!!

This sort of thing just shows how dependant we have all become on instant news access.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Has anyone else ever tried to gain this sort of information?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have a similar situation-flying out at 3:15pm, three and a half hour flight...requests have been made for a number of people to send a text with all of the details so as soon as it's legal to power up my phone I'll know what happened.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I have a similar situation-flying out at 3:15pm, three and a half hour flight...requests have been made for a number of people to send a text with all of the details so as soon as it's legal to power up my phone I'll know what happened.

Are you going to ask the cabin crew/captain to see if you can get the half time scores fro withdean and carlisle???

Mendoza mentioned about 3g aswell, al might not be lost yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here