Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does shirt lettering come off?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Last year a friend of mine stupidly got McLeod put on his home shirt after his performance at Crewe, is it possible to get this removed?:facepalm::shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Frankly he should be forced to keep it, but just add the word nob on the end.

Why the hell would you ever have chosen him on your shirt!!! :laugh:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Carefully cut out each letter and wear a white t shirt under the said football shirt, sorted or if he hasn't any scissors change his name by deed poll to McLeod

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
or can he not do an Alan Partridge?? cockpiss partridge!

So McLeod becomes OGH M'Ld or something much better than I can manage in two seconds!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Get rid of the 'd', and pretend he's known as MC LEO.

Just learn to "spit some rhymes".

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol:

Had a feeling this would be the reaction, still no answer though. is it possible to get it removed by a shop or something?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Get rid of the 'd', and pretend he's known as MC LEO.

Just learn to "spit some rhymes".

Or just get rid of the McLe, leaving just OD, which is the only way to describe someone who CHOSE to have Mcleod on his back when he has been complete shit for the entire time he has been with us!!!

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Isn't the lycra stretchier than the lettering?
I have seen logos and badges peeling off before so maybe that's why?
Lucky it isn't a twattoo.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Yeah I think they can I had problems with my ITS logo which was badly cracked and falling off, they used a special spray which got the rest of it off and fitted a new one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the club shop removed "currie" from my shirt when he was sold

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What did they do, wash it?

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
rub it with a cabbage...!!

Don't do this, I've just tried to get Berbatov off my Spurs shirt from 2 years ago with this method....... It doesnt work.... Now i just have a spurs shirt which is green tinted and smells of cabbage, with Berbatov on the back still....:(

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would try warming it with an iron to see if the glue softens enough to pull the letters off. Then remove excess glue with something like white spirit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:down:
I also have a home shirt with McLeod 11 on. But this was before his performance at Crewe! I think it's quite funny now, given how he has turned out. But he was wearing what was my favourite at the time, and he plays in my position (although, not as well!).

I don't think there is a specific method to taking off lettering, but they do come off. Trying ironing the letters, you're always warned not to iron the shirt after getting it printed. Maybe give that a go?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
If your friend is over 12 years old and insists on buying and wearing a replica shirt with a player's name on it, he deserves all he gets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here