• NO, some of the greatest poems don't

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Muzzman said:
That seems poetic too me.. you could sum up what you are trying to tell us in one sentence yet you've made it all flowery with the use of the english language.. it's a poem of sorts

Originally posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit
no its PANTS

There you go. Poetry means different things to different people. What some people enjoy, others see as meaningless drivel.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Biscuit said:
There you go. Poetry means different things to different people. What some people enjoy, others see as meaningless drivel.

Yes.. well I didn't say I enjoyed it, I touched on the fact that it could be construde as poetry of a sort.. a crap one. :lol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A poem is provoked by an emotion. But the emotion probably isn't fulfilled until the poem is made. This means you don’t get the whole impact of the poem until it is complete. I think when the design of a poem seems ideal and organic, when the feeling is strong and the language is fresh, it's going to strike us as truly resolved and original. Poetry should make contact with every part of you, with the mind, with the senses, especially with the ear. Poetry is composing for the breath. The breath is the most intimate aspect of our existence. It is what connects us to the biosphere. It is what makes our voice operate. It is what makes oxygen go through our bodies, and it is what gives us rhyme, which is why poetry existed at all.

They could be written in rhythm and meter, so that we could remember what we had thought or what we had compiled. The whole connection of sense, mind, memory, rhythm and emotion is why we get a sense of joy from a poem.

They say poetry takes you on a journey. To that I say rubbish. Good poetry touches your heart, your emotions, your imagination and most of all those hairs on the back of your neck.

So, What makes a good poem? Simply a good poet.

This has been Biscuits post of the day.

Thank you and goodnight.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
A poem is provoked by an emotion. But the emotion probably isn't fulfilled until the poem is made. This means you don’t get the whole impact of the poem until it is complete. I think when the design of a poem seems ideal and organic, when the feeling is strong and the language is fresh, it's going to strike us as truly resolved and original. Poetry should make contact with every part of you, with the mind, with the senses, especially with the ear. Poetry is composing for the breath. The breath is the most intimate aspect of our existence. It is what connects us to the biosphere. It is what makes our voice operate. It is what makes oxygen go through our bodies, and it is what gives us rhyme, which is why poetry existed at all.

They could be written in rhythm and meter, so that we could remember what we had thought or what we had compiled. The whole connection of sense, mind, memory, rhythm and emotion is why we get a sense of joy from a poem.

They say poetry takes you on a journey. To that I say rubbish. Good poetry touches your heart, your emotions, your imagination and most of all those hairs on the back of your neck.

So, What makes a good poem? Simply a good poet.

This has been Biscuits post of the day.

Thank you and goodnight.

You what?
You what?
You what, you what, you what?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here