Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would go if I could but I can't

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I enjoyed the atmosphere in the 4-2 defeat, but the roof should make things nice and loud.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Me and thirteen chums are coming up to this one from Dorset, it's going to be a blast.

:clap:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spoke to the ticket office yesterday afternoon and was told there was under a 1000 left. Given that the website crashed from the volume of users last night and Gen Sale has not started yet. I would say a sell out is a 100% certainty...

D

Deleted member 18477

- people are on holiday
- people have spent a lot of money on making sure they get to an Amex game. SCC, spurs, donny, gills.
- people have spent a lot of money on merchandise.
- people are more interest in home games altogether atm and maybe havnt even thought about it yet.
- people aren't made of money
- people have other priorities other than football to worry about

There's countless reasons mate. I'll be there though! Couldn't miss this one!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Even though it is a ploy to just make us spend more money, I will be buying most of the tat in honour of the game, as it's history and all that.

ETA: Shit, wrong thread. Please delete.

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
I guess the problems are:

1. It's a really tricky journey if you live East of Brighton. Lots of train changes etc.
2. Portsmouth seem quite a rough bunch. The game last season wasn't especially pleasant. I'm not sure some fans want to be in that type of environment.
3. Their first X1 are pretty strong. There are better chances of seeing an away win this season.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I entirely understand that some people simply can't afford it, and I realise of course that compared to the Palace game this is a very long way from a derby, but I still remember the games with Pompey from the 80s when we were both strong second tier sides and they were big games for both of us. There's a little something of that feeling coming back about this game, I think. They of course have Southampton fish to fry as we do with Palace, but it still feels like a big game to me.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Pompey appear to have money for players but Cotterill told 5live last night that he hasn't got enough players available to fill the reduced subs bench.

Good to time to play them.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Just bought two tickets and i started off 17th in the queue so sales can't be going that bad ???

D

Deleted member 18477

Pompey appear to have money for players but Cotterill told 5live last night that he hasn't got enough players available to fill the reduced subs bench.

Good to time to play them.

where is there money coming from these days? they nearly went bust last year... football is so corrupt its unreal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here