Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does no one want to go to Pompey!

Had to ring up the ticket office with a query. Was going to wait til tomorrow as I knew that from 1000 today Pompey tickets would be made available to the masses with 1000 points.

Was surprised to be just number 2 in the queue and the phone answered within a minute.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i guess the leg room is still shite, the last time when we lost 4-2 was a nightmare though i guess we will all be standing anyway

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I can't wait for this one. I was there last time, but this time will be 10 x better. They have a roof now, which = NOISE!!!!!!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Think we've sold close to 2000, not too bad, we'll probably take nearly 3000, maybe even sell out. But everyone who wants to go will be able to go. These mythical 15,000 fans who want to go to every away game have been proved to be just that. Mythical.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
We've gotta be selling this out, surely? Local, reasonable chance of a win, plus we've only been to Fratton Park once in the last 20 years.

We were always going to get 3000

Really - They only had to give us 2000. Does the fact we have extra mean the home support will not be in demand. I know I could look it up, but were Pompey selling out most games last season?

If we sell our allocation ( I think we will come general sale) is it likely to be full?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I was in que position 18 this morning. Internet was buggering about. Managed to get them online in the end. I think it will sell out, but only after donny game on Saturday.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I wonder if the clubs points system is going to backfire on them, how many people have thought they wont be able to get a ticket due to lack of points so haven't planned to go? then when tickets aren't shifting these people have made other plans or no longer have the money.

I would normally be tempted with this being a local derby, but thought, no points = no chance! so hadn't budgeted for it, didn't take the chance on booking flights because like i said thought i had no chance.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You going?

Yep. You?

I would normally be tempted with this being a local derby, but thought, no points = no chance! so hadn't budgeted for it, didn't take the chance on booking flights because like i said thought i had no chance.

I think a lot of people are in this boat. I don't really understand why anyone thought we had suddenly gained 10,000 fans who were all desperate to go to away games though. Despite what some people seem to think, we simply aren't that big a club.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Last time we played them, it was early season again. They had got off to a flyer & their fans were just starting to realise this. We were the only team that season to have the whole away end. After they beat us 4-2 the demand from the locals meant more tickets for home fans. Now, Pompey aren't doing so well they can't sell out, so why not give away teams who should be able to fill the away end the tickets, it's money in the bank.

How anyone would not want to attend this is beyond me. Always a great day & cracking atmosphere; plus we have a great chance of getting a result.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Really - They only had to give us 2000. Does the fact we have extra mean the home support will not be in demand. I know I could look it up, but were Pompey selling out most games last season?

If we sell our allocation ( I think we will come general sale) is it likely to be full?

Their average attendance last season was around 15,000 so I think most teams got the whole away end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here