Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does God exist? you decide...............

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apparently only if you believe he/she does. Many people do and whilst it helps most it also induces others to do bad things in his name.

Still, does Allah exist and so on.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yeah, and he'll be back here when he finally gets sick of Pardew leaving him on the bench.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If you can work out what EXIST means it should be easy to work out

Given that I cannot even prove that this keyboard I'm tapping on really exists, I don't think I'll even attempt to argue about the existence of god.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I will ask him next time i see him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I rememebr the film Stigmata, the character played by Gabriel Byrne (?) was a forensic scientist but joined the Catholic Church and worked in the Vatican.

As a Scientist he had become so overwhelmed with how fantastic the world was, how amazing life was and therefore came to the conclusion that there HAD to be a God, because all this around us simply could not have happened by accident.

I know it's only a film, but it makes a lot of sense.

So my answer, Yes there must be a God, whether the various religions around the world have the details right, I don't think so somehow.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I find that the old the universe is too complicated to not have been made by God argument has one huge drawback.

If that is the case then how come god has no creator? Surely he must be more complex than the universe he created and therefore following the argument can't just "be" ,so therefore he must have had a creator, who must also have had a creator and so ad infinitum.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It depends what you mean by God. I reckon it's more a case of positive life-bringing energy and negative destructive energy, rather than an omnipotent being.

It's quite hard to be serious about this question - I always think of Alan Partridge's quote:

"What is.. God? Well, he's...a gas."

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
The question of who made God can be answered by simply looking at apace and asking, "Does space have an end?" Obviously it doesn't. If there is a brick wall with "the end" written on it, the question arises, "What is behind the brick wall?" Strain the mind though it may, we have to believe (have faith) that space has no begininng and no end. The same applies with God. He has no beginning and no end. He is eternal. :)

Time is a dimension God created, into which man has been subjected. God dwells outside this dimension that He created. He dwells in eternity and is not subject to time. God spoke history before it came into time. Because we live in the dimension of time, logic and reason demand that everything must have a beginning and an end. We can understand the concept of God's eternal nature the way we understand the concept of space having no beginning and end- by faith. we simply HAVE to believe they are so, even though such thoughts put a strain on our distinctly insufficient cerebrum!!!!

Hope this makes sense....SURELY THIS IS EASIER TO BELIEVE THAN THE THEORY THAT HUMANS, (COMPLEX ORGANISMS WITH THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND IDEAS SUCH AS TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOLINESS ETC) EVOLVED BY CHANCE FROM POND LIFE?! ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I will answer this question when Mr Prescott has made his final decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here