Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does falmer scare you

I AM A LITTLE WORRIED THAT WE WILL LOSE PART OF OUR SPIRIT ONCE AT FALMER,THE CLUB IS MOVING ON AT LAST BUT IT WILL CHANGE MOSTLY FOR THE BETTER,THE LAST DAYS AT THE GOLDSTONE WERE THE WORST BUT ALSO THE BEST,WHEN BACKS ARE AGAINST THE WALL YOU SEE TRUE CHARACTER COME TO THE FORE,I SALUTE ALL WHO TOOK THE CLUB TO THIS POINT. BLESS YOU ALL:angel:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm a lot less worried about moving to Falmer than trying to read posts that are entirely made in capitals.

:lol:

Once the North Stand is back and in full voice we will truly be home. I'm looking forward to it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I f***ing love you rev, you are as mad as a march hare.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
THE NORTH STAND WILL NEVER BE AS IT WAS,WE ARE NOT MOVING BACK TO THE GOLDSTONE:facepalm:

Why? It is up to us to make it the same. We sing our hearts out most away games, so why can't we do it at home.

We also need to remember that a lot of the time the North Stand was not all that. Admittedly, I only started going once the decline had begun, but it was often quiet. There is an element of rose tinted glasses on here about the North Stand.

Finally, anything is better than Withdean. I have heard our supporters moaning about rubbish grounds at various places this season and not one has even been close to being as bad as Withdean.

ps ditch the capitals

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yep, I'm totally scared. The thought of leaving Withdean after all these happy years is really filling me with an overarching sense of morbidity and dread. :US:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its never going to be like the Goldstone atmosphere-wise for the simple reason that we all have to sit down. And it won't be as easy or convenient as the Goldstone either in terms of pitching up with your mates on the day and sauntering in, onto the terraces.

But its still going to be ruddy BRILLIANT. Christ, after Withdean I'd be happy enough watching us in a fetid malaria-festooned swamp on the outskirts of Chichester.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
THE NORTH STAND WILL NEVER BE AS IT WAS,WE ARE NOT MOVING BACK TO THE GOLDSTONE:facepalm:

We're not moving back to the Goldstone? So Falmer isn't just at the bottom of Hove Park then, I never knew that.

:facepalm: (as we're going down that route)

Who is to say what the North Stand at Falmer will be like, well it'll be seated rather than terraced, it'll be better appointed than the old stand, and have a different shaped roof - but it'll still be the home end, and that'll mean a lot to a lot of people; and it is them who'll bring the spirit with them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its never going to be like the Goldstone atmosphere-wise for the simple reason that we all have to sit down. And it won't be as easy or convenient as the Goldstone either in terms of pitching up with your mates on the day and sauntering in, onto the terraces.

But its still going to be ruddy BRILLIANT. Christ, after Withdean I'd be happy enough watching us in a fetid malaria-festooned swamp on the outskirts of Chichester.

David - are you sure? ???

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Christ, after Withdean I'd be happy enough watching us in a fetid malaria-festooned swamp on the outskirts of Chichester.[/QUOTE]

oi! you leave Littlehampton out of this :wrong::lolol:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
i am a little worried that we will lose part of our spirit once at falmer,the club is moving on at last but it will change mostly for the better,the last days at the goldstone were the worst but also the best,when backs are against the wall you see true character come to the fore,i salute all who took the club to this point. Bless you all:angel:

a little louder please rev

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
WHY DO PEOPLE, sorry, Why do people continually entertain this Crystal Palace fan with serious responses to his bullshit threads?

???

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Christ, after Withdean I'd be happy enough watching us in a fetid malaria-festooned swamp on the outskirts of Chichester.

The Dripping Pan for REMF on Friday night was very much like this!:laugh:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
This person is becoming a legend because he keeps Caps Lock on. It's strange. I find myself becoming mildly obsessed with him. Help.

a-prayer-for-owen-meany.jpg

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No, I cannot wait for us to become a real football club again. Hopefully, we have already seen the last of the cronies, but a new ground will make us all believe that we are a League team and not a non-league team like some fans seem to think.

And we rule the south coast

Why? It is up to us to make it the same. We sing our hearts out most away games, so why can't we do it at home.

We also need to remember that a lot of the time the North Stand was not all that. Admittedly, I only started going once the decline had begun, but it was often quiet. There is an element of rose tinted glasses on here about the North Stand.

Finally, anything is better than Withdean. I have heard our supporters moaning about rubbish grounds at various places this season and not one has even been close to being as bad as Withdean.

ps ditch the capitals

THE NORTH STAND IN ALL ITS GLORY WITH THAT OLD ROOF HIDING THE TOP THIRD OF THE STAND WAS A SIGHT TO SEE AND SMELL,THE LINE OF POLICE ON THE BACK STEP,CIGS GETTING FLICKED IN THE AIR,600,700 ARMS HELD HIGH DECORATED WITH THE TARTAN,KNEES UP MOTHER BROWN AND YOU WOULD TUMBLE HALFWAY DOWN THE STAND AND IT WOULD TAKE YOU TEN MINUTES TO REGAIN YOUR GROUP,AND WHEN A GOAL WENT IN YOU FELL THROUGH TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STAND AVOIDING CRASH BARRIERS AS THEY WENT PAST. AND WHEN A SHOTGUN WAS UNVIELED OOOOH EEEER! THANKS MILLWALL:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here