Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does BHA have a new identity?

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
everything is so much more professional, just look at the way the gaol keeping coach was saying when we signed a young ex wolves goalkeeper sorry forgot his name but he was saying this lad can play the ball out which as every one knows is how Brighton play, his is unheard of up till now haven't had a particular stile that's for big clubs, embrace change as this is the future

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
When i was about 14 and Brighton had been in the 1st division for a couple of years, i remember hearing older fans moaning that they wish we were still in the 3rd division because things were so much more exciting. I could never really understand this, although i was there in the 3rd division being thrilled by Ward and Mellor, i was really proud that my club were in the top flight.

I would say to any young supporters out there to enjoy these times while they last and try to cherish as many memories as you can because the success will dry up, boundaries change, at the moment we are all excited at having won league 1 (at a canter), and the possibility (and it is possible) of once again taking our place amongst the elite, and why shouldn't we be excited its only last season we were playing Dagenham and Redbridge and Rochdale (no disrespect intended to those two clubs).

As i said, boundaries change, when we do get promoted to the Premier league, what then? how long will people be happy with just surviving? Last time it didn't take long for crowds to dwindle off, some of that has to be accredited to hooliganism, but some also was down to the fact that we were no longer chasing the dream. So what will the club do, try to compete with the big boys and chase a place in europe? I hope so, but at what cost? that particular dream costs a fortune and as Tony Bloom has stated he is laying the foundations but the club must become self sufficient, so the cost for supporting this will be laid at the hands of the supporters in merchandising, gate money etc. etc.

I would love for 'my' club to be competing with Chelsea, Man United and City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs for that elusive place in the top four, but at the same time i dont want us to become like those clubs. Why to Chelsea and Arsenal et al charge an arm and a leg to go and watch them? Its not because they are greedy, its because they have to or they will slip down the league very quickly.

It was a lesser degree back when i was 14 but i think i am starting to understand what the old men were saying.

I look forward to our future, i just worry at what cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here