Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think we'll make the playoffs?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I posted on here a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think we'd make the playoffs and got slated (whilst we were 7th), I'm not getting on my high horse just genuinely interested? If we can't beat Coventry (albeit with a very weakened team) surely everyone will concede that we can't make the playoffs? Even with possible investment in January, I think it will be too big an ask...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have limited expectations of the next two games but see the January transfer window as being crucial to our survival and prosperity in this division. If we can either buy or loan 4 decent players in the positions required and already well rehearsed on this site and if we can get Hoskins and Buckley fit and 10 + games out of Vicente then we have a chance of reaching the playoffs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It really can go either way from here, if Poyet spends really well in Jan, we could still make the playoffs, we are not that far away. At the same time, if he fails to bring in the players we need, I can see us fairly qiuckly sliding further down the league into a less comfy position.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
surely everyone will concede that we can't make the playoffs?

Why? We're half way through the season for goodness sake!

We could still go on and win it or go down!!

Even with possible investment in January, I think it will be too big an ask...

I think you are probably right BUT we are nicely placed and if we start getting a bit luck with regard to injuries and maybe bring a couple of bodies in then who knows?

If people are being honest with themselves then most people would have expected to finish above 22nd, thought we would have been mid table and hoped we might have sneaked in the play offs. We're still on to do all of those at the moment.

One game win, lose or draw doesn't make a season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It really can go either way from here, if Poyet spends really well in Jan, we could still make the playoffs, we are not that far away. At the same time, if he fails to bring in the players we need, I can see us fairly qiuckly sliding further down the league into a less comfy position.

Agreed. Although I think it's down to how speedy some of the purchases are in January (at least they'll all be completed in time for Palace!)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think so. If we had a fully fit squad as of today, including all our 'matchwinners' who haven't played any matches let alone won any, might be a different story. But that appears not to be the case.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We might do, it's too early to say. A good run of form, which is entirely possible, could get us right back in there.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I have limited expectations of the next two games but see the January transfer window as being crucial to our survival and prosperity in this division. If we can either buy or loan 4 decent players in the positions required and already well rehearsed on this site and if we can get Hoskins and Buckley fit and 10 + games out of Vicente then we have a chance of reaching the playoffs.

Really depends on the January transfer window - if we sign Paynter and that calibre of player then no chance

D

Deleted member 18477

i don't think we will finish in the playoffs. my guess would be about 16th. but stranger things have happened and this league is magic!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
God help us if we went up. Lowest ever points total for a premiership team is guaranteed probably not even getting into double figures. We have 3 players I feel could step up Dunk, Bridcutt and Noone. CMS, the jury is out and the rest forget it. We would need to sign 15-20 new players.

We have scored 11 in the last 17 and got 16 points. I think 16th is likely.

Mistasita

May 7, 2011
there is no way we are currently play-off material and we can consider ourselves lucky to be mid-table. 4 decent players short I feel..... GK absolute priority.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'd me more than happy with a mid table finish and a push for the play-offs next season.

This again. I'd also be satisfied with 50 points. As long as we get 50 points, I think we've done it. I don't want another f***ing yo-yo three seasons.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
God help us if we went up. Lowest ever points total for a premiership team is guaranteed probably not even getting into double figures. We have 3 players I feel could step up Dunk, Bridcutt and Noone. CMS, the jury is out and the rest forget it. We would need to sign 15-20 new players.

We have scored 11 in the last 17 and got 16 points. I think 16th is likely.

this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here