Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone remember the good old days?

Oct 25, 2003
Juan Albion said:
No wonder you say such stupid things if you can't deduce that it actually hurts considerably more if someone is wearing a helmet when they hit you.

surely thats the point of the ridiculous amount of ARMOUR they wear?

in rugby its skin on skin. man on man.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Juan Albion said:
No wonder you say such stupid things if you can't deduce that it actually hurts considerably more if someone is wearing a helmet when they hit you.
Yeah, but the other person is wearing padding and a helmet too.

So, thinking of an image of padding and helmets, it sounds like Joan Collins from her days in Dynasty riding a Lambretta. I'm sure that's not right.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
turienzo's lovechild said:

having played both (and i was gridirons biggest cynic, being a rugby player) i found myself playing gridiron when i got banned from rugby.
i can concur that it does indeed FUCKIN hurt more when you get hit in american football

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Guinness Dave said:
having played both (and i was gridirons biggest cynic, being a rugby player) i found myself playing gridiron when i got banned from rugby.
i can concur that it does indeed FUCKIN hurt more when you get hit in american football

You big jessie.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Juan Albion said:

What are you talking about...have you ever played Rugby?

I have played both codes and American Football, and in Am Footy you are protected by wearing padding and a helmet - obviously.....in Rugby you are not...obviously.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
The difference, for me, between rugby and gridiron is that rugby is so much more sustained. With gridiron it's loads of really short, sharp bursts of explosive energy (unless you're a wide receiver, safety or cornerback) and when you get hit like that you feel it.

Rugby, this is less the case, but you know about it when you get studs in the head. The hits gets looser towards the end of the game when you're tired, but you feel them more because you're knackered.

i've never played either to any sort of standard though, so it may have just been me being unfit and knackered after a bit of a run around!

Wildcard Weekedn just gone was cracking entertainment though!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Wasn't The Good Old Days that crappy ITV programme set in an Edwardian music hall where celebs like Barbara Windsor sang old songs like 'Roll out the barrel', 'Lambeth Walk' and 'Don't sit on my lap Mrs Brown or you'll squash my artichokes'; and washed up crap comedians did silly walks, fell over or told jokes that weren't funny in the 19th century?

Theatre of Trees said:
Wasn't The Good Old Days that crappy ITV programme set in an Edwardian music hall where celebs like Barbara Windsor sang old songs like 'Roll out the barrel', 'Lambeth Walk' and 'Don't sit on my lap Mrs Brown or you'll squash my artichokes'; and washed up crap comedians did silly walks, fell over or told jokes that weren't funny in the 19th century?

Eee, by 'eck - nowt like them old time comedians, honed in the music-hall theatres wi't boaters and canes. they 'ad to sing an' dance n'all. Eee. It were a greet knees-up it were, how we laffed!
Them wor talented them wor.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
ahh the good old days, where you didnt see so many women at football, talking shite and ruining the atmosphere!

Oh Shit did I just say that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Rob said:
I remember the Amercian message board afternoon - didn't they get NSC shut down for a while? They were very, very angry!

The wedding site phase was a fun one, so much love and support from the NSC ranks.

*lets mind wander back to days when nsc was a riveting read all day long*
www.tonyc.com

It's moved on since the fat tosser married that munter, however. No guestbook these days.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
turienzo's lovechild said:

Having played both to a decent standard id say American Football hurts more if your hit in the right place (just at the bottom of the ribs where the pads end) having a shoulder pad in there is agony.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember the assault on Viking radio, that was a right laugh and I think they later fixed the competition or cancelled it so our blonde haired beauty didn't win. More recently the fridge magnets was a bit of a laugh too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhafc99 said:

Those fat yanks who ended up mentioning NSC in their wedding speeches after we blitzed their guestbook!

Great days...

Did they?

I nearly spit my tea out on that one!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I can just imagine sincere Americans doing that! :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1965-02-06-2_small.jpg

Now that's the good old days. Leonard Sachs - could do a job ?

PS I can confirm that being hit on your helmet hurts

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here