Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone remember buono....

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Playing YMCA in he run up to one of our games? It was qute funny and I seem to remember even some Brighton fans found it funny, although not all. Has that happened to you before?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, it was at the beginning of the 99/00 season and Brighton won 2-1 if I remember correctly. I was in the away terrace behind the goal and don't remember anyone getting particularly annoyed, with some even joining in the actions. I think the general reaction was more a case of 'Oh, YMCA, gays, Brighton......ahahaha.... I see what you've done there, well done'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's banter as far as I am concerned. Some of the hissy fit brigade took offence, but I tend to find that those who protest too much have issues with their own sexuality which they have not addressed.

We used to enjoy having a ding-dong with Buono, but he seems to have disappeared off the radar for many a year now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is buonocore still doing your pa? Quite an easy job for him really. He just asks everyone in the crowd what they'd like to hear and that's his music sorted. Not sure what he does at the end of the game as presumably he's already played all requests once by then.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I remember when he claimed to have got into our dressing room before the cup tie we lost 4-2 and placed a hoodoo by sellotaping a spell under the treatment table.

Bit of a tool really in my view and someone very much consigned to our history.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
It's banter as far as I am concerned. Some of the hissy fit brigade took offence, but I tend to find that those who protest too much have issues with their own sexuality which they have not addressed.

We used to enjoy having a ding-dong with Buono, but he seems to have disappeared off the radar for many a year now.

Yep, it was banter but reasonably creative. Hes not around now. No one knows why....

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Is buonocore still doing your pa? Quite an easy job for him really. He just asks everyone in the crowd what they'd like to hear and that's his music sorted. Not sure what he does at the end of the game as presumably he's already played all requests once by then.

Thats just not even funny.....hes not around now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yep, it was banter but reasonably creative. Hes not around now. No one knows why....

Hmmm, it wasn't particularly original or creative. It's like when someone has an unusual or funny name, and when they're introduced to someone new that person will make a joke about their name thinking they're really clever and original, whereas the person with the funny name will roll their eyes and remark that they havent heard the joke about 100 times before.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Yes, it was at the beginning of the 99/00 season and Brighton won 2-1 if I remember correctly. I was in the away terrace behind the goal and don't remember anyone getting particularly annoyed, with some even joining in the actions. I think the general reaction was more a case of 'Oh, YMCA, gays, Brighton......ahahaha.... I see what you've done there, well done'.

Was that the game where it really started tipping it down in the second half? I remember bringing my then girlfriend & telling her I was taking her out for "something special" so she got dressed up in a sexy dress. It was amusing walking across the terrace with her in that red dress all clingy & wet. Well I thought so & to be fair she lapped up the comments so it sort of made her day too!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was that the game where it really started tipping it down in the second half? I remember bringing my then girlfriend & telling her I was taking her out for "something special" so she got dressed up in a sexy dress. It was amusing walking across the terrace with her in that red dress all clingy & wet. Well I thought so & to be fair she lapped up the comments so it sort of made her day too!

Don't think so. Sunny day in August from my memory.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just shows how Micky Mouse Orient are to let Buono be involved with being the face/voice of the club. He didn't offend me he just struck me as a bit of a twat who really really hated the Albion.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Just shows how Micky Mouse Orient are to let Buono be involved with being the face/voice of the club. He didn't offend me he just struck me as a bit of a twat who really really hated the Albion.

Nah, he was a class act and we all miss him. He did hate the albion though as did lots of O's at the time. Thats what happens when some of you try to attack some of our players. People might get a bit upset. Time passes and we no longer care. In fact some of us would like to occasionally attack our players!:lolol::lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nah, he was a class act and we all miss him. He did hate the albion though as did lots of O's at the time. Thats what happens when some of you try to attack some of our players. People might get a bit upset. Time passes and we no longer care. In fact some of us would like to occasionally attack our players!:lolol::lolol:

Why don't you give us Scotty to attack and you can have the pick of the other 10 :thumbsup:

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Why don't you give us Scotty to attack and you can have the pick of the other 10 :thumbsup:

I think that when you mention the name of the legend Scotty Mac (PBUH) you should bow with reverence. You should also add the 'peace be upon him' after every mention.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that when you mention the name of the legend Scotty Mac (PBUH) you should bow with reverence. You should also add the 'peace be upon him' after every mention.

I'll stick to calling him by the name his parents christened him with - Scott Wanker McGleish.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The reason Buonocore disappeared is because he ran off with Scott McGleish to start a civil partnership.

I remember Cardiff playing loads of Cockernee tunes on their PA when West Ham played down there a few years ago.

Any old Iron, Knees up Mother Brown, the theme from Steptoe and Son, all that sort of thing.

They seem to make a habit of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here