Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Does anyone know this man?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I never fail to be amazed by these stories, but I guess there are some gullible folk out there

I think back to my late Dad who, in his late 80s, would probably have fallen for this in his mental state.

Don't often see red at silly, ignorant, internet posts. But the phrase 'gullible' got my back up a bit then.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If I ever get hold of someone like that - I dread to think of the consequences.

Take care if you do.

Back in the 80's I caught a burglar in our home who in trying to flee punched me knocking out 2 of my teeth. I managed to grapple him to the floor pulling his arms behind his back pretty forcibly and ended up breaking both of the guys arms. Police were called and I got arrested too and initially charged with GBH. Fortunately a few days later all charges were dropped against me as I was ultimately defending myself and my property, but beware of taking action yourself as you could find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

At least the bloke was convicted of burglary and got a 7 year sentence (which he served 5, so I was happy with that, although I got no compensation for my lost teeth which cost a small fortune to get replaced.)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think back to my late Dad who, in his late 80s, would probably have fallen for this in his mental state.

Don't often see red at silly, ignorant, internet posts. But the phrase 'gullible' got my back up a bit then.

My apologies, I realised after I had posted it, that the word gullible wasn't what I really meant. I was more aiming for vulnerable.

Unfortunately by the time someone pointed out my error it was too late to edit.

It saddens me to know that people pray on the vulnerable (gullible)...

To be fair to me, the word gullible does mean "easily persuaded" - I guess where the hurt comes in is that some people are easily persuaded because of their mental state...

Again, apologies for my insensitivity.

One can only hope that he tries it on with a a kindly grannie, the large rugby playing, MMA and body building twin grandsons of whom are in the back parlour partaking in tea and digestives with their dear old gran.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I know, it’s really sad isn’t it... I shake my head every time I hear someone being conned by a Nigerian Prince, etc. Preying on the vulnerable is a disgrace and should be treated harshly...

When my step dad started getting dementia he was targeted on the phone and was persuaded to buy stuff and give his bank details etc. Luckily I got the bank to refund his money. We installed a phone monitoring system called Truecall to restrict his calls in and out, and be able to see what numbers had tried to get through to him. It stopped him getting caught again, and the volume of bogus calls trying to get through has declined, although there are still occasions....
These people are scum but you don’t have to be that naive to get caught out, especially if you are old, vulnerable or unworldly. Like Covid, you have to have a careful approach with anyone you deal with and be on the ball.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Take care if you do.

Back in the 80's I caught a burglar in our home who in trying to flee punched me knocking out 2 of my teeth. I managed to grapple him to the floor pulling his arms behind his back pretty forcibly and ended up breaking both of the guys arms. Police were called and I got arrested too and initially charged with GBH. Fortunately a few days later all charges were dropped against me as I was ultimately defending myself and my property, but beware of taking action yourself as you could find yourself on the wrong side of the law.

At least the bloke was convicted of burglary and got a 7 year sentence (which he served 5, so I was happy with that, although I got no compensation for my lost teeth which cost a small fortune to get replaced.)
What if no one finds the body?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if there will ever be a point before the 22nd century when the cctv industry considers an upgrade to 21st century levels of resolution? That grainy level of resolution is WAY beyond shit, and has been for very many years now

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Take care if you do.

Think the law has been strengthened on protecting your property since then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
as i get older i despair more and more at what a horrible place this planet is becoming. What an evil, despicable low life he is. Little shit

Don't. It has always been full of shits. I happen to think the prevalence is less that it once was. Still too high though, but we're headed in the right direction, I suspect. Vigilance is my watchword. Oh, and of course revenge. Never forget, never forgive.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Don't. It has always been full of shits. I happen to think the prevalence is less that it once was. Still too high though, but we're headed in the right direction, I suspect. Vigilance is my watchword. Oh, and of course revenge. Never forget, never forgive.

I like the cut of your jib Harry, :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here