Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know? Have the Albion ever played a competitive match further west than..

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Can you count Ireland or Portugal as "competitive"? Strongly contested on some famous occasions certainly; but......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't think we've ever played Lands End Rovers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Plymouth is the furthest league club west, and also the furthest south.

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought we may have had made visit into Cornwall in the FA Cup one upon a time. But maybe not.

Brighton beat Liskeard/Looe in the rugby last year though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Only Portugal is further West. You would have to ask the Portuguese Clubs or Sunderland if they were competitive or not. As one of them left before the end, I would think they were. :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
presumably Carlisle farthest north. Would it be Norwich to the east? Pretty sure we have never played Lowestoft, Harwich, Felixstowe or Great Yarmouth in the cup

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
No, but I turned out for RNAS Culdrose against a team from Mens-Pants (Penzance) once. Furthest West (in the UK) I've played.

Also, the St Austell Argyle supporters once subjected me to 40 odd minutes of homophobic chanting on the train on the way back from a game at Home Park against the Albion.
They actually thought they'd invented, "does your boyfriend know you're here?"
They enjoyed themselves though, bless 'em.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
presumably Carlisle farthest north. Would it be Norwich to the east? Pretty sure we have never played Lowestoft, Harwich, Felixstowe or Great Yarmouth in the cup

Newcastle is the furthest north.

If we have played a competitive game further west than Plymouth, I'd like to hope that we won (unless Swansea is further west)....!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Newcastle United (technically it is Berwick Rangers, although they play in the Scottish league). A few people have claimed that Carlisle is further north. Newcastle's ground is at latitude 54° 58' 31" N, and Carlisle's is at 54° 53' 45" N.
You're right about Norwich though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here