Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know apart from Job Seekers Allowance what I can get as an unemployedster

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I to join the ranks of the unemployed after today, my redundancy notice finishes today, I still keep the car till next Friday though.

I need a job............

I feel sorry for you mate I was never given a redundedncy notice just the cash to go away and shut up about it (although they appear to have f***ed up royaly)
I take it you will get statuotry??

D

Deleted User X18H

9 months , interest only and limited
Don't have a mortgage..........oh and Dwayne I have fallen from Grace slighltly but that is better than falling from Grace via my over active imagination

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Nice to see you showing a little humility in your current situation

1. I don't have a mortgage on my expensive property in the flash part of Hove.
2. I have a year's salary in the bank
3. The wife is able to go out to work

There will be lots of people on here, both now and in the future, that don't have these advantages, so don't expect a lot of sympathy from me until you reign in that ego a bit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You have no mortgage, £ 50000 in the bank and still want to sponge off the state where as the rest of us get up tryito keep motivated and not throw in the towel and work 12 hour days for f*** all. :rant:

D

Deleted User X18H

You have no mortgage, £ 50000 in the bank and still want to sponge off the state where as the rest of us get up tryito keep motivated and not throw in the towel and work 12 hour days for f*** all. :rant:
how d' you know my comp payment oh dear more condidentilality breach :glare:

GG i have paid in as I'm sure you have but I m taking out, as the dole bloke told me you can have £10m in the bank but as long as you have suffiicent contributions you are entitled to claim

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

How very dare you I applied for 7 jobs online last night

How very dare you I applied for 7 jobs online last night

But if you go away on holiday, you're mean't to tell them and they'll cut your JS for the days you're away. Bizzare I know but that was my experience in 2004.
Another hoot I found was going for job interviews,
1) The will pay some travelling expenses to get there but it takes ages to reclaim and you won't get 40p/mile either.
2) If you go for a job interviews outside of the UK, then you have to sign-off for the days away and then sign-on again when you return However, provided the job is in the EEA, you can claim for the equivalent benefit for those days from the govt of the country where the job is. I've fond memories of Barcelona in April 2004 - and the Spanish/Catalans paid-up.:thumbsup:

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Tell her not to do it. It's hell there at the moment. Morale is low, and "redundancy" seems to be an incessant echo.

I've been off from there for 5 months, but will probably have to return at the end of the month. REALLY not looking forward to it. I've heard that Surrenders are being summonsed to a meeting on Tuesday, with calls being made to long term sickies and those on maternity asking them to attend, followed by 1-1's with their team managers with the rumour that "at risk" letters will be issued.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
if you have more than 16k in the bank you will get no help with your council tax or rent...how ever you can claim jsa and if u have kids your wife should be able to claim child tax credits

D

Deleted User X18H

Wasnt it you that said all benefit claimants were scrounging wankers and should be deported?
No what happened was (I have been in Cornwall too long ..back next week fans)
I said people cheating the system should be locked up or deported, I have paid over £300 per month NI cintributiuoins over the ;last 10 years so am entilted to claim.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
do some voluntry work...what do you get?

...well to quote Phil Daniels in Blur's Parklife ...'a sense of enormous well-being'

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i'll tell you what you can get...

...you can get on yer bike and get a job.

tebbit.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here