Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know anything about golf?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Any good tips for the US Masters this weekend. I want to have a few bets on some lively outsiders (not Els, Woods, Singh etc, theres no value). Any suggestions?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Padraig Harrington. I would back him. He has been playing a lot of links golf to get ready for the US Open. Shinnecock Hills is as close to a links course as the US Open will get.

"Shinnecock Hills, which held the second U.S. Open in 1896, is not a true links. That's determined by the type of soil on which the course is built. According to USGA historian Rand Jerris, there is no true linksland in the United States, although just about everyone agrees that Shinnecock plays like one. "
Yahoo

David

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Sergio Garcia is in fine form at present.

D

Deleted User X18H

Justin Leanard or Reteiff Goosen

Oh and I know I not as good as I think (at Golf)

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Kenny Perry is my bet of the week. He's still about 40/1 which is good value IMO. Others to look out for are Fred Couples, Paul Casey, Justin Rose & Zach Johnson.

Tiger Woods cannot win as he's too wayward off the tee. If he starts finding some fairways off the tee he'll piss it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Boring I know, and hes not in good form but i think Woods will do it this time.

Hes out early on day1 and if he gets of to a good start and is in contention hes very hard to catch once near the top of the leaderboard.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my moneys on Happy Gilmore

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Short course for a Major (just under 7000 yrds) means that shorter hitters don't lose out to the long hitters quite as much. I think the last time this course was used for the US Open, it was a level par score that won. Steady Eddies have a very good chance. As above see Justin Rose as an outsider, Fred Couples, Weir, Casey could all do something (even Faldo as an each way is possible, but not to win)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here