Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

does anyone know any good NEW ska bands?

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Try capdown, they have a few songs, ska wars, cousin cleotis, bitches n nike shoes, for example. they were a local band (hence the shout out!) that had played reading/leeds festival a few times. they have split up now though

Superb band. saw them at concorde 2 years ago. amasing. :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pepper are a good band too, not Ska but more reggae/ska kinda thing!

guildfordgul

Jan 27, 2009
I'd check out a local band two spot gobi, they used to class themselves as a ska band, but they have perhaps become more commerical since getting a record contract. They are on spotify and are playing at the komedia soon.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Pietasters are early 2000's but were very good.

Newer stuff, well Streetlight Manifesto are the in thing in US ska at present.

Before they were SLM some of them were in a ska band called Catch 22 which are still around and ok too.

Keasby Nights - Catch 22

Mad Caddies are also a good ska band.

Did an awesome cover of ABBA's SOS and have a few humourous tunes amongst theor catalogue. Weird Beard is a rousing proper sing along ska song.

Mephiskapheles - Bumblebee Tuna Song is fun

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
The Pietasters are early 2000's but were very good.

Newer stuff, well Streetlight Manifesto are the in thing in US ska at present.

Before they were SLM some of them were in a ska band called Catch 22 which are still around and ok too.

Keasby Nights - Catch 22

Mad Caddies are also a good ska band.

Did an awesome cover of ABBA's SOS and have a few humourous tunes amongst theor catalogue. Weird Beard is a rousing proper sing along ska song.

Mephiskapheles - Bumblebee Tuna Song is fun

Mad Caddies :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mad Caddies are great, most of their songs written by NOFXs Fat Mike. Would call them Ska/Punk though more than just Ska.

check the Dance Hall Crashers aswell, more punky/ska type stuff and the two lead singers are WOMEN! think they've split up now though

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Mad Caddies are great, most of their songs written by NOFXs Fat Mike. Would call them Ska/Punk though more than just Ska.

check the Dance Hall Crashers aswell, more punky/ska type stuff and the two lead singers are WOMEN! think they've split up now though

WOMEN?? no way!! honestly this country. youll be telling me they are allowed to vote next!! :shootself

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hepcat were pretty good.

More of the traditional 1st wave ska sound.

The black guy from the US show with Ted Dansen "Becker" sung with them for a while.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Another band that is'nt new but are f***ing good is: King Blues

I'll second The King Blues, they're a class act, did a spot at Lounge on the Farm this year in Canterbury! My sister got me in to them and they are class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here