Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here Twitter?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
And fancy some quasi-fame in FourFourTwo?

I have a journo friend who wants to relay the league one relegation battle via the medium of twitter, and needs some brighton fans to sign up and do a bit of twittering over the weekend for his article. If anyone fancies it PM me

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You want me to do it? I got an account and that. I'm even going on saturday.

I will probably get extremely drunk and forget though, maybe best get someone better.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sorry to show my age and lack of savvy what is 'Twitter'?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I just don't get twitter

Me too, loads of people at work use it, I'm a website developer so I guess that's expected, but I'm seriously not that interested in what someone is having for lunch or how messed up their train journey was on the way to work.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Max if you and Brett want to have a go and don't mind you drunk ramblings published i'll let him know

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I got one set up, however, I find it useless....or is it just me???

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The joy of twitter is celebrity stalking... follow Lily Allen and all will be better :love:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's possible to take photos and ting and upload them too in your update.

it's actually quite clever, future of news media some people say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I posted somewhere else recently - I don't really use Twitter to catch up on friends and what they're up to - that's what email, SMS, the phone, facebook and pubs are for.

Twitter is a great tool to find out what's going on in the world - almost all news breaks quicker there than anywhere else. Beyond that, it's a fantastic place to keep up with tech industry goings on.

Oh, and the celebrity stalking that is now possible also helps fill minutes of boredom.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Did anyone else see the changes facebook announced yesterday in an effort to be more like Twitter (who they failed to buy out last year)?

Twitter has exploded in the last year as more and more people realise it's not just a tool for telling your friends the boring details of your life.

With Twitter Envy, Facebook Adds (Near) Real-time Web Capabilities

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Myspace, facebook, twitter. Its all a load of bollocks or am I just old

Nope, it's all a load of old bollocks. Egomaniacal society etc etc.

Although it is quite good for stalking ex-girlfriends.

And for every "Dave is off for a sandwich" there's an emotastic "Sonia really is about to kill herself now!1!!!!!1!" update which makes it all worthwhile.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Laughing at people who are clearly "too kool for skool" moaning about Twitter being full of inane drivel when some of you have thousands and thousands of posts on here!

It's a very simple concept, only follow people you are interested in following. It's not facebook and it's not trying to be. I too am a "webSITE" developer and it's a very useful resource for research, keeping up to date with the industry and for asking for help.

Badger, (or anyone else interested in tech/webdev) if you want some useful people to follow send me a PM and I'll give you some names.

Commuters I suggest you follow @uktrains or at least the train company you use (have a look here uktrains / FrontPage). It will tweet any running information from that company but also re-tweet any user submitted tweets about your train company that people send to @uktrains. Was very helpful during the snow the other week (unfortunately didn't help me this morning though). Would anyone be interested if I wrote something similar to re-tweet BHA information?

On the subject of snow. #uksnow was the most popular trend for a couple of days the other week even out ranking the superbowl which was the day before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here