Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone give a flying about our friendly with Argentina?

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Stuff the England games and the small-minded dick-heads who boo the national anthems.
ALBION OR ENGLAND?
I'll be watching a non-league game somewhere not sitting in a pub with a load of people, most who never go to games.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:albion:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
Stuff the England games and the small-minded dick-heads who boo the national anthems.
ALBION OR ENGLAND?
I'll be watching a non-league game somewhere not sitting in a pub with a load of people, most who never go to games.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:albion:

Twat.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Goring Gull said:
I'll no doubt watch it, then wonder why i wasted 2 hours of my life. But hey you have to watch England matches.

Ditto with every england match now days :(:rolleyes:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I do. It gives us a chance to see how we stand on the world stage at the moment and also for Sven to get the right balance. Hopefully we will pick up as we left off against Poland. Anyone watching at the Sports Cafe?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The context is a 2 and a half hour drinking preamble watching England v Australia in the rugby. By that stage, friendly or no, I'll be well up for it.

Beat them and we're well up the world rankings and looking good for a seeding. Spain losing would help as well.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
When the team in light blue and white stripes takes the field,everyones hearts soar (even those coached by child molesters).The air is filled with excitement and anticipation.It will,of course,rain.Do we care ?

Course not!

We'll be all over them,unless the finger of cod interferes again.

Predicting the Blues.

Albion 2 England 0.

I've got some decorating to do,or I'll borrow a dog to take for a walk,or there's the ironing.Bit of gardening.Tesco's.

Ruins the real football,n'est-ce pas?

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
I don't like friendlies, but this is different. Lot of history. I was at the games in St Etienne in '98 and Sapporo in '02 (you can see me briefly on the "England Four Ever" DVD, Japanese bandana and all!!), and I will be glued to the TV screen on saturday.

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Switzerland v Turkey kicks off as the England game finishes. I didn't think there would much interest in the England match but the game has now sold out. England only sold about 7,000 tickets in the end and returned unsold tickets for resale in Geneva.

I was in St Etienne and Sapporo as well, I can still remember the hangover following that 1-0 win, fantastic stuff celebrating big style with the Japanese. The only other time i have seen England v Argentina was the 0-0 draw at Wembley in Feb 2000. It was also the only time iI sat in the Olympic gallery - great view - but very expensive!

On a different note I can't believe the England players will get £300k each if we win the world cup. This money should go back into grassroots football, not players bulging bank balances! I guess that is one of the reasons the game is being played this Saturday as the FA got £1m for just turning up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here