Jul 6, 2003
your wish......................
thumbnail.aspx

:thumbsup:

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Me,I am just glad to be where we are right now in our brand new, fantastic stadium,I really don`t give a shit how long it takes to get out of the ground or how long it takes to buy a f***ing pie,I go to the Amex to watch football and support my beloved Albion.If I wanted to spend the afternoon drinking beer and eating pies I would go up the Pub,not to a football match.Of course there are issues with the ground,but,for fucks sake,it`s only been open a couple of months,it would take a minor miracle for everything to go perfectly right from the outset.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
...not give a flying fcuk about catering, service, queues, toilets, 1901 club 'experience', bennett's field parking, pies, balti pies, stewards, nsk, trains, that palace chant and bloody dicks bar?

Have i missed anything???

this !!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well I give a flying f***. There is room for improvement in almost all those areas you've mentioned, and pointing it out is NOT moaning, it's constructive criticism. Simply saying we should be grateful for what we've got completely misses the point, we ARE grateful but saying "everything's great and all the problems are minor and should be ignored" isn't actually doing the club any favours.

Its constructive criticism if it is fed back to the club via official channels, not a fans internet message board. it is not constructive criticism is the same things are brought up after every game or even every day, especially things that are going to take a while to find a solution and change. - Give them a fair chance to do something first before people constantly moan about it, claiming that their whinging is in the clubs benefit.

The demand for food and drink has surpassed even the wildest estimates and has therefore caught the caterers and suppliers out, but also the designers of the stadium. Harveys have sold more at the Amex than in the rest of Sussex in the same time frame. The pie makers have been caught out by demand - give them time to adapt their working practices, increase their supply of raw ingredients, etc and they will get it right)

Half time rush - People moan about lack of staff but is it cost effective to employ extra staff when they are only really needed for a 15-20 minute period ? maybe losing a few sales due to failing to meet demand at half time is more profitable for the caterers and club that higher staffing levels serving more people in that 15 minutes as the staff costs outweigh the benefits so not cost effective?

Transport - Why do people think that their won't be a wait after a game when the crowd is so large, its a change in attitudes from those attending and not the club that is the issue here, such as why do people feel that if there is going to be a 45 minute wait to get out of the car park, they have to return to their car and sit in it for those 45 minutes rather than stay in the stadium, visit the shop or whatever, it isn't like there isn't anything available in the area to occupy people is there? The club is limited in what it can offer due to constraints of the rail system and also the lack of parking in the area etc, they know its not ideal and are looking for solutions but what more can they do now?

To me a lot of the complaining comes across like someone buying a Supercar and then moaning because they have to pay over £6 a gallon for fuel and that there are other road users getting in their way, meaning they take longer to get home than if the roads were empty. However as they have spent £100k + on the car they expected not to have to deal with these sort of things and feel the need to complain on the internet about it and how poor the car showroom is for not dealing with their issues straight away because if they did, they would sell more cars.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Its constructive criticism if it is fed back to the club via official channels, not a fans internet message board. it is not constructive criticism is the same things are brought up after every game or even every day, especially things that are going to take a while to find a solution and change. - Give them a fair chance to do something first before people constantly moan about it, claiming that their whinging is in the clubs benefit.

The demand for food and drink has surpassed even the wildest estimates and has therefore caught the caterers and suppliers out, but also the designers of the stadium. Harveys have sold more at the Amex than in the rest of Sussex in the same time frame. The pie makers have been caught out by demand - give them time to adapt their working practices, increase their supply of raw ingredients, etc and they will get it right)

Half time rush - People moan about lack of staff but is it cost effective to employ extra staff when they are only really needed for a 15-20 minute period ? maybe losing a few sales due to failing to meet demand at half time is more profitable for the caterers and club that higher staffing levels serving more people in that 15 minutes as the staff costs outweigh the benefits so not cost effective?

Transport - Why do people think that their won't be a wait after a game when the crowd is so large, its a change in attitudes from those attending and not the club that is the issue here, such as why do people feel that if there is going to be a 45 minute wait to get out of the car park, they have to return to their car and sit in it for those 45 minutes rather than stay in the stadium, visit the shop or whatever, it isn't like there isn't anything available in the area to occupy people is there? The club is limited in what it can offer due to constraints of the rail system and also the lack of parking in the area etc, they know its not ideal and are looking for solutions but what more can they do now?

To me a lot of the complaining comes across like someone buying a Supercar and then moaning because they have to pay over £6 a gallon for fuel and that there are other road users getting in their way, meaning they take longer to get home than if the roads were empty. However as they have spent £100k + on the car they expected not to have to deal with these sort of things and feel the need to complain on the internet about it and how poor the car showroom is for not dealing with their issues straight away because if they did, they would sell more cars.

Absolutely spot on.

Has been said before but what would they of said about home trips to Gillingham??? I remember travelling there with sense of relief that we even still existed - Yes it was acomplete nightmare but we still had our Albion.

The Amex (like all huge projects) is a work in progress - constructive ideas to better that project are essential but an endlesss stream of ranting because your perspective of a match day experience isn't being met............?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I love the place and am so proud that, at long last, Brighton & Hove has a stadium befitting a City of our size.

I reckon a fair number of those on Thursday ame to see the stadium more than the match and, from people I've spoken to, they were all very impressed and want to go again.

I suppose it's because it's been so many years since we had big crowds that those who have to queue have forgotten, or never knew, what it was like. This is big time, does anyone seriously want to get off the Gus Bus and go back to those days of Withers & Gillingham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here