Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Does any genre of music “make you angry”?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When Mrs GB sticks Heart FM on in the car. "More music variety" so long as you like Ed Sheeran and auto-tune riddled shite.
Yeah if the variety is the same 15 songs every day!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Glad All Over by the 5th goal got a bit annoying a few years ago.

'Glad All Over' wasn't the goal music that day. It was Edwin Starr's 'Twenty Five Miles', a song that I liked a lot up until then. That game was nearly twenty years ago. They've had goal music for two decades. What a shower they really are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Skillrex and fellow travellers. not sure what the genre is, certain lacks style. it purports to be dance music but buggered if i can detect a rhythm, its like a stressed teen playing with around with every effects available, all tuned to screech. angry because he made a money off it somehow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rap that's full of Niggas, Bitches, Mother****ers and Hoes.

I get that it may be relevant to some, but it just feels like dumbing down to me, when as a genre it's capable of so much more.

Opera. I like some of the popular classics, I admit, but generally it just sounds like 'silly singing' to me and tends to wind me up a bit.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
'Glad All Over' wasn't the goal music that day. It was Edwin Starr's 'Twenty Five Miles', a song that I liked a lot up until then. That game was nearly twenty years ago. They've had goal music for two decades. What a shower they really are.

I was at the 5-0 I just remembered that had goal music and they got a cheer along with the PA announcer with the scorers. All very American and not a British football way of doing things. I think their fand clapped their hands to glad all over when told to after scoring.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jazz other than the occasional tune such as Stranger on the Shore, I can’t stand the genre.

Then going against the trendy stampede on NSC and from the likes of Patrick Kielty, I detest modern (21st century) Country and US Crossover.

[But respect and love the work of Johnny Cash, and quite a few songs from Campbell, Denver, Parton, etc].

Sheeran, Murs and Blunt. Zzzzzzzzzz

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Jazz other than the occasional tune such as Stranger on the Shore, I can’t stand the genre.

Then going against the trendy stampede on NSC and from the likes of Patrick Kielty, I detest modern (21st century) Country and Crossover.

[But respect and love the work of Johnny Cash, and quite a few songs from Campbell, Denver, Parton, etc].

Same, going through 1001 albums and a lot of the early jazz stuff is pants.

Miles Davis = angry wasps.

I’ll throw ‘Grime’ in the bin as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure any type of music makes me angry.

I find some classical music does change my mood though, i find it slightly depressing. If I’m working in a house and they have Classic FM on the radio, I ask if they can change it or turn off the radio. This is only if I’m working in a kitchen and the radio is playing and the homeowner is going out or elsewhere in the house.

I can’t listen to Radiohead, I will change channels if they are on the radio, their music can also make me moody.

I often mutter WTF is this shite? at some of the rap music that’s played on Radio 6.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was at the 5-0 I just remembered that had goal music and they got a cheer along with the PA announcer with the scorers. All very American and not a British football way of doing things. I think their fand clapped their hands to glad all over when told to after scoring.

They did have a call and response thing. I think that the bloke on the PA said the name of the goalscorer and their fans had to shout the surname back when he repeated the first name. Okay we got mugged last night and it felt awful, but it's good to be reminded of what a joke outfit they were, are and always will be.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
The genre known as Bubblegum Pop back in the day - you know, "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" and the like.
"The Hustle" by Van McCoy has been grinding my gears since day one.
Ironically, the kind of music you get on relaxation tapes - whale song, pan pipes etc.
Anything featuring a guitar solo where the player feels the need to fall to his/her knees unless they happen to be Jimi Hendrix.
Any song I arbitrarily define as pompous - "We Will Rock You", for example. No you won't you art school numpties!
Power ballads.
Hit songs from west end musicals.
Europop.

Can I stop now, please? I am trying to recover from the shock of Benteke's winner and this post is making me rather upset.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The genre known as Bubblegum Pop back in the day - you know, "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" and the like.
"The Hustle" by Van McCoy has been grinding my gears since day one.
Ironically, the kind of music you get on relaxation tapes - whale song, pan pipes etc.
Anything featuring a guitar solo where the player feels the need to fall to his/her knees unless they happen to be Jimi Hendrix.
Any song I arbitrarily define as pompous - "We Will Rock You", for example. No you won't you art school numpties!
Power ballads.
Hit songs from west end musicals.
Europop.

Can I stop now, please? I am trying to recover from the shock of Benteke's winner and this post is making me rather upset.

This should help with forgetting the Benteke goal. Proper bubblegum music

https://youtu.be/TaWaQBxc0aI

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
They did have a call and response thing. I think that the bloke on the PA said the name of the goalscorer and their fans had to shout the surname back when he repeated the first name. Okay we got mugged last night and it felt awful, but it's good to be reminded of what a joke outfit they were, are and always will be.

Absolutely. Then they set up an Italian styled "ultras" with a drum led by a Spurs fan (as if fans need "leaders" and drums to sing anyway). I've always been very glad to support a proper club like the Albion playing Rochdale than support that American happy clapy nonsense at Selhurst. It's a shame for their proper fans. In the 70's and 80's they were a proper club like us. Now they are two bob noddy American style outfit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same, going through 1001 albums and a lot of the early jazz stuff is pants.

Miles Davis = angry wasps.

I’ll throw ‘Grime’ in the bin as well.

Growing up in the 70’s, I was influenced negatively against jazz by some absolutely tedious and self indulgent BBC2 crap when there just 3 TV channels to choose from. Cleo Laine and John Wankworth (my mate’s description) shows, some jazz workshops. Enfield parodied the latter brilliantly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can understand why 'Jazz' might make some people angry, but that's like me saying 'Rock' makes me angry.

The genre is far too wide to lump it all together that way. I suspect what most people mean when they say it just sounds like a racket is when they've stumbled across some 'free jazz' from the likes of Ornette Coleman or Albert Ayler. Or perhaps Sun Ra when he gets really out there :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can understand why 'Jazz' might make some people angry, but that's like me saying 'Rock' makes me angry.

The genre is far too wide to lump it all together that way. I suspect what most people mean when they say it just sounds like a racket is when they've stumbled across some 'free jazz' from the likes of Ornette Coleman or Albert Ayler. Or perhaps Sun Ra when he gets really out there :lol:

True, I love New Orleans jazz, it’s the modern shite I really really hate

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure any type of music makes me angry.

I find some classical music does change my mood though, i find it slightly depressing. If I’m working in a house and they have Classic FM on the radio, I ask if they can change it or turn off the radio. This is only if I’m working in a kitchen and the radio is playing and the homeowner is going out or elsewhere in the house.

I can’t listen to Radiohead, I will change channels if they are on the radio, their music can also make me moody.

I often mutter WTF is this shite? at some of the rap music that’s played on Radio 6.

Do you get your posh customers to change stations from Classic FM, to Jim White, Simon Jordan and Selco ads?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here