Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dodd seriously injured

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... this only emphasises the need to sign a first-choice lb, and cd cover... the thought of Kerry coming back gives me great cause for concern...

Easy 10 said:
Can someone please advise me why Adam El Abd is not currently being considered for the RB position ? We've had Paul Reid and OGH filling in, with Bomber on the bench...whats he done wrong ?

I didn't go, but my understanding was that he didn't quite impress against Shrewsbury?

Reid is more of a "fill-in" now surely? McGhee has recently said that RB is now his best position.

And I would have thought very few people could argue with OGH's performance the other day?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I didn't go, but my understanding was that he didn't quite impress against Shrewsbury?

Reid is more of a "fill-in" now surely? McGhee has recently said that RB is now his best position.

And I would have thought very few people could argue with OGH's performance the other day?

Agreed re Reid and OGH... conclusion: we need to sign a 1st-choice lb, or we will be consistently viewing Kerry being outpaced by opposing players...

BW, of course we need a new leftback, but you should be fair enough to admit that Kerry has not been embarrassed thus far (and neither has Reid come to that).

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
McGhee won't let El-Abd go out on loan, yet will play a striker at right back ahead of him?

Odd.

fatboy said:
McGhee won't let El-Abd go out on loan, yet will play a striker at right back ahead of him?

Odd.

As cover at centre-back, as explained in the Argus today.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
London Irish said:
As cover at centre-back, as explained in the Argus today.

They hadn't updated their online edition this morning.

Did it say who wanted to take him on loan?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Abd didn't shine at centre back against Woking either.
He will be useful on the bench though.
I have been impressed with OGH at right back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I have been impressed with OGH at right back.

That will disappear very quickly against quality opposition, hope MM re-organises the defence for the Leeds game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
That will disappear very quickly against quality opposition, hope MM re-organises the defence for the Leeds game.

He came on at Derby and coped although it wasn't for long.
Reid was at left back for that one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
He came on at Derby and coped although it wasn't for long.
Reid was at left back for that one.

Sorry Yorkie as much as I admire your rose-tinted visions Harty in defence against quality forwards = serious problems IMHO.

fatboy said:
They hadn't updated their online edition this morning.

Did it say who wanted to take him on loan?

It didn't.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Adam El-Abd had some damn fine games last season. IMHO he looks the most accomplished of the juniors coming through. Well, apart from Jake The Messiah. Obviously. Not surprised the current manager won't let him go out on loan. As to why he put OGH in the right back slot ahead of AE-A, well only McGhee and his Attack Poodle London Irish know that for sure. Obviously. ;)

Tom Hark said:
Adam El-Abd had some damn fine games last season. IMHO he looks the most accomplished of the juniors coming through. Well, apart from Jake The Messiah. Obviously. Not surprised the current manager won't let him go out on loan. As to why he put OGH in the right back slot ahead of AE-A, well only McGhee and his Attack Poodle London Irish know that for sure. Obviously. ;)

And the other 6,200 people at Monday's game, natch - which I thought included you! :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:

we were mullered down the flanks by shrewsbury

i think hart looks a good bet at right back - ok, plymouth were very poor, but based on current form i would still have him over el abd

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I haven't been that impressed with Dodd so far anyway.Most definetly lost that yard of pace

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here