Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
6.15, BBC1 - Weakest Link Doctor Who Special
7.05, BBC1 - Doctor Who - extended end of series special.

Essential viewing! :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Various different articles I've read on this talk of a huge 'revelation' or 'twist' at some point (presumably towards the end) of this, so it will be very interesting to see what that ends up being.

All in all, I'm rather looking forward to watching this.

Various different articles I've read on this talk of a huge 'revelation' or 'twist' at some point (presumably towards the end) of this, so it will be very interesting to see what that ends up being.

All in all, I'm rather looking forward to watching this.

Revolves around Capt. Jack and the Face of Boe I believe.

Not much being given away over at Outpost Gallifrey for once so nothing's been spoiled for me this time around!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not much being given away over at Outpost Gallifrey for once so nothing's been spoiled for me this time around!

I think that's because nobody actually knows! For all the previous episodes, TV critics are sent a copy of the show in advance. That hasn't happened this week, so everyone who doesn't work for BBC (in theory) will all be in the same boat!

Either way, it promises to be a belter. I just hope it's not all about Martha though, as early indications seem to suggest. I'd rather go back to the usual 'Doctor saves the day' stuff!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes, f***ing brilliant.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fan-bloody-tastic.

As for the Face Of Boe thing...never saw that one coming.

Brilliant entertainment, and the Xmas Special looks...intriguing.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so jack is the Face of Bo

blimey!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Deep biblical allegories there in. Martha Jones walking th earth, the power of prayer, the doctor rising from the dead. Fantastic stuff, really took it to another level tonight.

Hmmmm..... I'm a bit disappointed.

Yeah it was good, but not on a par with the last two seasons finales. I thought the whole power of prayer/superdoctor saves the day thing was a bit silly and the camp cheesey music ruined what should have been some of the Master's more evil, suspenseful scenes. I worked out the Jack/FoB thing after Utopia but still....whoah!

RTD has to go now though

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Hmmmm..... I'm a bit disappointed.

Yeah it was good, but not on a par with the last two seasons finales. I thought the whole power of prayer/superdoctor saves the day thing was a bit silly and the camp cheesey music ruined what should have been some of the Master's more evil, suspenseful scenes. I worked out the Jack/FoB thing after Utopia but still....whoah!

RTD has to go now though

:shrug:

Jeez, some people are so far up their own arse with opinions on what basically is just a kids entertainment show.

Its allowed to be a bit silly cos it's entertainment!

I thought it was fantastic and the real benchmark was the look on the faces of my 9 & 6 year old boy's faces throughout.

Well done RTD and keep up the good work :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:shrug:

Jeez, some people are so far up their own arse with opinions on what basically is just a kids entertainment show.

Its allowed to be a bit silly cos it's entertainment!

I thought it was fantastic and the real benchmark was the look on the faces of my 9 & 6 year old boy's faces throughout.

Well done RTD and keep up the good work :clap2:

You think he's bad, read some of this - http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138651

HOW so many people can say it was 'too cheesey', 'too predictable' and 'too tackly' is beyond me. As you say, it's as if many think the sole target of Doctor Who is at middle aged Sci-fi obsessives.

As an all-round show, it was FANTASTIC.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You think he's bad, read some of this - http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138651

HOW so many people can say it was 'too cheesey', 'too predictable' and 'too tackly' is beyond me. As you say, it's as if many think the sole target of Doctor Who is at middle aged Sci-fi obsessives.

As an all-round show, it was FANTASTIC.

I know, I've read some of the obsessive drivel on there before and choose not to go on that site anymore.

As you say, they seem to think Doctor Who is aimed at them and feel the need to dissect every episode.

Just ask the kids if they enjoyed it and ignore the DannySeagulls of the world as its not aimed at them anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here