Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Available on BBC Red button (and presumably iPlayer) from 10.05pm tomorrow:

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot:
A star studded special written and directed by Peter Davison. With the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who about to film, the 'Classic' Doctors are keen to be involved. But do they manage it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The bit where the kids were pretending to be Daleks on the bus brought back memories. The playground at my school was transformed after the first Dalek episode by the sound of "EXTERMINATE!!!"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

A star studded special written and directed by Peter Davison. With the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who about to film, the 'Classic' Doctors are keen to be involved. But do they manage it?

Sounds like it could be an amusing end to the day. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I did read in a national "newspaper" that apparently *** ****** ****** has a role of some kind in the main event tomorrow.

True or not, we shall see.

(the asterisks are deliberate to avoid a blatant spoiler for those who don't want to see one - if you are spoiler inclined, you may be able to figure it out)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I suppose that's probably what this mysterious twitter feed is about: https://twitter.com/dayoftheFishDr (one of the doctor who writers is alleged to have recommend people follow it).

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I did read in a national "newspaper" that apparently *** ****** ****** has a role of some kind in the main event tomorrow.

True or not, we shall see.

(the asterisks are deliberate to avoid a blatant spoiler for those who don't want to see one - if you are spoiler inclined, you may be able to figure it out)

Lee Harvey Oswald ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, here we are at last.

The Day Of The Doctor. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The bit where the kids were pretending to be Daleks on the bus brought back memories. The playground at my school was transformed after the first Dalek episode by the sound of "EXTERMINATE!!!"

Excellent show with a nice period feel. Only regret is that they couldn't have found a bit more time to feature Delia Darbyshire more. As someone as already mentioned some of it was surprisingly touching and it was a nice little twist with the first regeneration (I won't spoiler it)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Won't be able to watch it as it airs. Have been "surprised" with tickets to a show. Might watch when I get home, might have to wait until tomorrow. I really want to avoid spoilers.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Wanted to go to the convention in London today , but sold out very quickly. Never been to a convention , but if I should ever go to one , today would be the day to do it.
Never mind. The 50th is to big an event to simply watch at home , so it's the cinema for me tonight.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Hearing that the discovery of Marco Polo may well be announced at the after show party at the BFI tonight. IF (and it's a big IF) that's true - what a way to end the anniversary celebrations. And almost certainly tonnes more missing episodes have also been found which will be announced in the coming months and years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Broadcast simultanously in 90 countries, yes the BBC broadcast in a lot of countries. But its not 90 countries all taking Doctor Who and broadcasting it, for a minute thought the world had gone mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here