Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie the target...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I noticed alot of critiscm being thrown towards our new signing Dobbie. He is not a centre forward but more of an attacking midfielder/ link man... He needs time to settle in this bloke is a class act and will be very useful to us this season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I noticed alot of critiscm being thrown towards our new signing Dobbie. He is not a centre forward but more of an attacking midfielder/ link man... He needs time to settle in this bloke is a class act and will be very useful to us this season

totally agree...unfortunately because he doesnt chase all over the park (not a reference to CMS) he's not liked as much as he should be....skilful chap who given time to fit into the system will score goals

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A very good player who we will soon be seeing the very best of.

Harley eqsue, there might be a good player under there somewhere but I'm unconvinced there's space for him in our 18 squad, CMS, Barnes, Hoskins Agdestein is more than enough for me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A very good player who we will soon be seeing the very best of.

Exactly..... there are too many on this board who just can't recognise a quality player when they see one..... Dobbie and Cms is going to be the dream ticket....

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Are you saying you would pick Agdestein over Dobbie? :facepalm:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think he is being attacked for not being a striker so much as for being godawful. I don't think he's another Harley though, I think he'll come good.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I don't think he is being attacked for not being a striker so much as for being godawful. I don't think he's another Harley though, I think he'll come good.

As i said he needs time to settle in and be supported with a centre forward...you will see

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Those who pay attention at games can see how good he is.

Exactly. He is quality on the ball, some lovely touches. He's got quicker feet than any other player in our squad. And the way he is talked about so fondly by Blackpool and Swansea fans who have seen him a lot more than we have should be a bit of a clue.

The abuse from some of our fans yesterday who clearly know very little about football was just pathetic.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
despite what many are saying I thought he linked up well with Barnes and played some good one twos. I thnk he'll be better with CMS because he'll have someone to slip the ball through to.

Very quick on the turn. Just needs time.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
He doesn't really look like he's trying. Think that's what got on a few fans nerves yesterday.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Exactly. He is quality on the ball, some lovely touches. He's got quicker feet than any other player in our squad. And the way he is talked about so fondly by Blackpool and Swansea fans who have seen him a lot more than we have should be a bit of a clue.

The abuse from some of our fans yesterday who clearly know very little about football was just pathetic.

This has never been more correct.

The man is a class player. Just think of the abuse CMS got last year but now he can do no wrong. It takes time to settle in. Dobbie is class and when CMS comes back I think we will see the best of him as he will be the link up player.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He doesn't really look like he's trying. Think that's what got on a few fans nerves yesterday.

But do you really think a player who has just joined the club and is seeking to become a first team regular wouldn't be trying??

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I can understand people being disappointed at his performances so far but I wonder if it's as much to do with the fact that he is not the"out and out " striker that many of us had hoped for, particularly over the last few games when CMS has been out. Hopefully, the next couple of weeks will allow the injured players to recover and give Dobbie time to really settle and get fully fit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When the chap who asked about Beckford asked Warren Aspinall on the radio if he could see Dobbie getting 15 goals this season the answer given was Yes and he will make a lot more for CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here