Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie again...

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Me and my mate are arguing as to the correct pronunciation of his name,I say it's Dobbie while he says it's Dobbie,who's right? can anyone tell us and save a punch up occurring.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Me and my mate are arguing as to the correct pronunciation of his name,I say it's Dobbie while he says it's Dobbie,who's right? can anyone tell us and save a punch up occurring.

You know you could write it phonetically to give us a chance tp see which one of you is correct!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Harry Potter pronounces it Dob-e

Whatever happened to the Withdean steward who always elicited "one harry potter" chants? We need him to cover the area of the amex near wherever Dobbie is at any given time. The chants would be genius!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
You know you could write it phonetically to give us a chance tp see which one of you is correct!

Maybe you could put this in a lesson plan Bof

Hows the teacher training going?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe you could put this in a lesson plan Bof

Hows the teacher training going?

Ha. Yes, that is true.

Funnily enough, we had an afternoon of phonetics on Friday before the game. Well practised for the old skool "You're shit... ahhhhhh".

Very well, thanks. Heading into my placement school a week tomorrow, ready to convert some more Brighton fans. A.N. Other football teams will not be tolerated!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Starsky-and-Hutch-Saison-1-Dobey.jpg

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Gus Poyet's surname is pronounced Poy-et, yet we sing Poy-ay.
Stephen Dobbie's surname is pronounced Doh-bee, yet most people say Dob-ee :shrug:

It rhymes with Adobe :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rhymes with Oggy...

Dobbie Dobbie Dobbie Oi Oi Oi
Dobbie Oi
Dobbie Oi

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Following the rules of english the double b should make it Dob-e but as with so many names it is how the individual pronounces it, after all it is their name, to say I'm not going to pronounce it the way you do is disrespectful IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here