Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you wear your Brighton shirt on holiday?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I'm not one for wearing football shirts apart from at matches.

I do always take it on foreign holidays though and wear it on one day just to get a picture of a BHA shirt in foreign lands.

Anyone else similarly sad?

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
most definately! Also quite sad of me but always look out for other teams shirts as well can get you talking to anyone for ages about football!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I took one away with me once and ended up giving it a an African orphan. It really makes me cringe seeing a football shirt worn abroad. I don't tend to end up in resorts, so I am rarely faced with it.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've got one of those TOFFs retro 1970s Albion shirts and an array of t-shirts which all get worn on hols. I also get the kids to wear their Albion shirts plus their Sussex CCC/sharks shirts as well. Must be done.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's quite interesting. I think adults who wear replica shirts to football matches are sad losers. Sorry, I know that probably offends a lot of you but there you are, it's just a thing I've got. (Especially if you've got your NSC name on the back).

However you can all sneer back at me because when I go away I make sure I've always got Albion 'stuff' with me to wear whenever possible. Not a replica shirt because that's still a bit naff but t-shirts etc with the badge on them. (It's a bit of a shame that the current range is a bit crap but that's another story).

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nope, never have done, but usually come back with a shirt or two picked up on my travels.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely.
Was wearing it during an England game in Euro 2004 in a bar in Lanzarote (just after we'd done Bristol City in the playoff final), and was accosted by a jubilant group of Gasheads. I didn't have to buy a drink all night.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm not a loser, neither am I particularly sad. I almost always wear a shirt to games, but when abroad/holiday, I might wear one out if I'm going to a footie/sports bar. I agree though that there is not a lot of decent Albion gear available at the moment, most of it is a bit rubbish IMO you understand, others may like it plenty.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Always, every single holiday I've ever been on in the last 10 years (at least) I've taken a BHA shirt, and for the past few years a Cowdenbeath shirt has been included aswell

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's quite interesting. I think adults who wear replica shirts to football matches are sad losers. Sorry, I know that probably offends a lot of you but there you are, it's just a thing I've got. (Especially if you've got your NSC name on the back).

However you can all sneer back at me because when I go away I make sure I've always got Albion 'stuff' with me to wear whenever possible. Not a replica shirt because that's still a bit naff but t-shirts etc with the badge on them. (It's a bit of a shame that the current range is a bit crap but that's another story).

Both parts of that post sum it up for me. Never touch the replica shirts, but do wear other stuff, although, as you say a lot of Albion merchandise isn't great.

Yup, always insist on wearing it at least once, usually when I drag the missus to the local football ground. Bit chavvy maybe but who cares?

10432_142452181785_578246785_3086853_4178034_n.jpg

On city breaks it'll be the scarf.

n578246785_1786487_2678.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Absolutely.
Was wearing it during an England game in Euro 2004 in a bar in Lanzarote (just after we'd done Bristol City in the playoff final), and was accosted by a jubilant group of Gasheads. I didn't have to buy a drink all night.

We had a similar experience after the Hereford game. We were staying in Cheltenham with friends after the game. We went out on the town, naturally in a good mood, we met a load of Cheltenham fans, who it turned out don't care too much for Hereford at all and were delighted we had sent them down. We didn't pay for many drinks that night

Yeah, because those designer label-style polo shirts from the club shop with a seagull instead of a brand logo are SO classy. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here