Votes: 75 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
the bbc site said that support for the new 21- and 25-story towers, replacing the old king alfred leisure centre, is split. where do you stand on the proposal?

4.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tesco in Disguise said:
the bbc site said that support for the new 21- and 25-story towers, replacing the old king alfred leisure centre, is split. where do you stand on the proposal?

4.jpg

Jesus, look at that sky. Hope it doesn't rain for the march.

Oct 25, 2003
i don't think it looks that bad and wish those hove nimby's would just shut the f*** up- how can they think that it looks worse than what's there right now?!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's fookin' hideous. How on earth it ever got permission when it blocks out loads of homes' view of the sea I'll never know.

And what view does the Falmer stadium block? The continuation of hills behind it. BORING. And yet we have to wait f***ing years to hear about letting that one go up.

Furthermore everyone benefits from a community stadium. Only property developers benefit from that hideous monstrosity of Gehry's.

With the ugly Brighton centre, that hideous West Pier Hilton and now this the whole seafront is starting to look like it should all be torn down.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bluejuice said:
It's fookin' hideous. How on earth it ever got permission when it blocks out loads of homes' view of the sea I'll never know.

And what view does the Falmer stadium block? The continuation of hills behind it. BORING. And yet we have to wait f***ing years to hear about letting that one go up.

Furthermore everyone benefits from a community stadium. Only property developers benefit from that hideous monstrosity of Gehry's.

With the ugly Brighton centre, that hideous West Pier Hilton and now this the whole seafront is starting to look like it should all be torn down.

:clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jonathon Livingstone said:
I'm all for it. This development would put Hove on the World Map in terms of modern architecture. Gehry is a brilliant architect; just take a look at the Guggenhem Museum in Bilbao.

http://www.guggenheim-bilbao.es/

Well worth a visit the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, the most stunning building I have ever seen in my life.

I spent one hour just looking at it, amazing sight.

Oh and yes please to the building above.

Last edited:

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Beach Hut said:
Well worth a visit the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, the most stunning building I have ever seen in my life.

I spent one hour just looking at it, amazing sight./B]

I know just what you mean. for me it is only beaten by the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Looks a bit harsh on the first glimpse however seeing it everyday you'd get used to it

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'm right behind this, I think it looks amazing, the sooner that eyesore King Alfred gets knocked down as well the better.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looks good...

...but with 700ish new flats on the site and little if any extra parking provided then it's all going to get a little cramped along the seafront...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its an amazing design. Did you know, when the sun catches those towers between 3.22 and 3.26 during the 2nd week of June, they appear to be rotating serpents. Its based on the same principle of the Mayan pyramid at Chichin Itza in Mexico, where at a certain time of day once a year, it gives the illusion of water cascading down the central stairway on the southern face.

It'll be a real tourist attraction every year.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
they are too tall for the location and look shit.

These concept buildings are for the developers portfolios

It does needs redeveloping though but taller buildings should be kept back from the direct sea front IMHO

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Easy 10 said:
principle of the Mayan pyramid at Chichin Itza in Mexico, where at a certain time of day once a year, it gives the illusion of water cascading down the central stairway on the southern face.

Dont know about water - its twice a year, on the equinox's at the Kukulkan temple and forms the image of a serpent, pretty cool.

I think theres a site in Palenque that does the same thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here