Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you want Scotland to progress?

Do you want Scotland to progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Isn't it completely tinpot to reason like that?

Finland wants Sweden to lose in everything we do, but we hope they do really well. We have around 3x their population, better sports results in nearly every sport and has shat on them in several ways over the years, of course they're going to dislike us. But just because someone doesn't like you doesn't mean you need to dislike them back. A little brother picking a fighting with his bigger brother is cute and shrugable, a big brother fighting his smaller one is probably a bit of wanker.
Thank God the Finns only beat us in javelin and kärringkånk. We can live with that!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Jerusalem would be good. Rule Brittania also, although the British Empire vibe probably removes this option.
It’s fine. FOS is about slaughtering the English, and Les Marseilles about killing Austrians. Any self respecting anthem has to have a dig at someone. Wouldn’t be proper otherwise. Leave the rainbows to the newer countries

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Have just spent a week in Scotland (for a book festival), and then 6 days in Germany - where obviously there were loads of Scots. All I can say is that every Scot I met was exceptionally friendly and - despite consuming huge quantities of alcohol - remained very civil.
Good luck to them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Isn't it completely tinpot to reason like that?

Finland wants Sweden to lose in everything we do, but we hope they do really well. We have around 3x their population, better sports results in nearly every sport and has shat on them in several ways over the years, of course they're going to dislike us. But just because someone doesn't like you doesn't mean you need to dislike them back. A little brother picking a fighting with his bigger brother is cute and shrugable, a big brother fighting his smaller one is probably a bit of wanker.
This all day.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another tournament without an actual Scotland goal 😂😂😂😂 terrible

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone who wanted to see such a limited side in the final stages of a serious competition needs their head screwing back on.

Unless they’re actually Scottish, obvs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ENGLANDS ON THE PISS AND THE SCOTS ARE GOING HOME, THE SCOTS ARE GOING HOME

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
No chance. They love throwing ABE at us so well happy.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
They were no better than us, which is saying something.
This is true, but there is a big difference. England have been woeful but can be much better, Scotland have also been woeful but with absolutely no chance of improving - of course now they’re out of the tournament that’s irrelevant.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh well

Attachments

• IMG_6492.jpeg
    IMG_6492.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 41

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
In 1978 I was working in Scotland. It was just after England beat them 1-0 at Hampden Park and just before Scotland were due to play in the World Cup in Argentina. The animosity to anybody and anything that was English was palpable. I have nothing against the Scots and I find them a great bunch to be with - but definitely not in the summer of 1978!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here