Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm just starting to appreciate it now.

Does anyone else make much use of it?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I had a quick look - and as petty as it may sound, I couldn't be bothered to think up a "witty" username. I'm a massive fan of Facebook actually using real names, that alone puts it miles ahead of MySpace, and a "unique username" for Twitter might put pay to that for me too.

Just my opinion, though...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Lots of people do use their real names, although if somebody shares your name and they take it first then you're gonna have to come up with something else, unlike facebook.

I love facey b myself, and am hooked on it like a crackwhore but Twitter is a completely different kettle of fish. I use it as a news and networking tool primarily and it helps to gather all the feeds I'm keeping up with in one place

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lots of people do use their real names, although if somebody shares your name and they take it first then you're gonna have to come up with something else, unlike facebook.

I love facey b myself, and am hooked on it like a crackwhore but Twitter is a completely different kettle of fish. I use it as a news and networking tool primarily and it helps to gather all the feeds I'm keeping up with in one place

Inspired by the first part of your post I've signed up just to secure the name in case I decide to get involved :thumbsup:

Oh, and "Facey B" :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was discussed on This Morning and apparently Philip Schofield uses it under the name Schofe or similar. He did say if he was on it he would answer anybody if he could.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had a quick look and what a load of crap. What are you doing? Well, for all morons who feel the need, the answer is typing and always will be. Why the f*ck do people think everybody else is really interested in the mundane day to day things people do. So what if Chuck in the US is a baseball fan. Perhaps if you picked up the phone to talk to your so called online friend you would learn more about him. Guess what, talking to someone on the phone is in realtime too! Twitter just looks like a website full of post it notes which some people feel compelled to write on. Get a life.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Philip Schofield is on?

Oooh how exciting, I must look him up

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're serious aren't you! It is just another gimmick. I use facebook but at the end of the day, if you sign up to every new network then all your friends need to sign up to the same ones and you have to update each one and check each one to see what the f*** everyone else is doing. I can understand techie groups using them to keep in touch with ideas but is this really going to enrich the lives of most people. In a few months time there will be another which you will be saying we should all sign up to. It's ridiculous.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Have a look at some of the links I've posted above Elder

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's fun, but pointless.

It's basically the Facebook status update without clutter of Facebook around it.

I disagree about it being pointless.

If you follow the right people can be very useful for keeping up to date with what is going on in the world.

I follow allot of people within the tech industry and try to avoid following my actual friends (if I'm really bothered about what they are up to I'd look at Facebook).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here